Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a short guy (5'5) so I liked the stock 8" shield that came on my 15 RGS because I could see over it. It actually worked well for me but not my bride. She would get bugs smacking the top of her helmet and her helmet would lift.

I ordered an 8.5" Memphis shades ghost thinking it would be just a bit taller than the stock shield. It was actually about 4" taller and had me looking through the curve which distorted the view horribly. It actually made more wind noise.
I tried to reach them to find out where they measure from so I could exchange it for a shorter shield. They never replied to my emails and never replied to my phone messages so it just went back and I was only out shipping.

Through my research on this great forum I ended up ordering a Long Rides 8" Thresher. Works great. Radio is clearer and my bride no longer has the helmet lift. Even at 90 MPH.

I've always been a Memphis Shades buyer. I have three of their windshields for other bikes. But I'm really impressed with Long Ride Shields and the great service they provide. They are also a lot less expensive as well.
I have been converted.

Just a couple photos to show the difference.
Stocker;

Long Ride 8" Thresher

Besides the re-curve I think a helper here is the top of the LRS where the re-curve is at is wider which directs the wind away from the ears.

Thank you to all those who share their knowledge on this forum. Very helpful.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Reactions: BigBlockBobby

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Shocking is right. Such a slight difference. Glad it did the trick.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Reactions: fatfatboy

·
Registered
262 Posts
What tint is that on your shield?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What tint is that on your shield?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
Light tint.
I know the dark tint looks cooler on this bike but on a rise I like to see what is coming at me.
It is light enough that I think a taller shield would not be an issue to see through.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Thanks for the share. I have used LRS on batwings before. This being my first RG, I wasn't shure how much of a difference the LRS would be compared to the stock. Now I know what I need to order.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts