Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Natchez Trace has an 8 mile section closed a mile down from me in the Ridgeland/Jackson, MS area.

There are a few detours, exit off to I-55 South, merge right on to I-220 after a few hundred yards. Continue a few miles and take I-49N. A few miles down you will get to the Natchez Trace again. It opens up again right at that exit.

Or take I-220 to I-20 and go east until you hit the Trace again and you will be fine.

About a 10 minute detour for those taking trips. THe other Mississippi guys might have better detours, but those are the ones i know.

Will be closed for up to a year as the hillside and road way were collapsing in an area.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. Am thinking of going there this summer.went a couple of years ago and got to fort smith when we found out the roads were washed out. I'll try again.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well im the retard that posted this, then while i was riding this weekend, without thinking i got on the trace heading the last 15 miles home... WHOOPS! Had to detour!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We are going next weekend, April 6-8, thanks for the heads up. Any updates appreciated
Your best bet to get back on the Trace the quickest is to keep on it till right where it closes at Hwy 49. There are plenty of detour signs. You will merge onto Hwy 49 toward Jackson. After a couple of miles you will take the left exit onto 220 North. I think its another 3-4 miles on 220 you will keep straight to merge onto I-55 North. You wont even get on to I-55 North. Just keep in the right lane and it exits to the Natchez Trace.

Like i said, there are PLENTY of detour signs out now....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts