Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need help with chosing the right amp set up for 8 speakers. My set up will include 4 6.5's in front, 6.5 in tourpack and 6x9's in the lids. I have seen JL 600 but not many reviews. I have PBR300x4 up front and was leaning towards purchasing another one for rear speaker.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
I am running two Soundstream PN4.520D amps with 8 speakers, and I am real happy with them, only drawback is they are a little large, so mounting them in the fairing is not going to work.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
All depends on where you wanna mount the amp.

What's speakers are you gonna be running? 2 or 4ohms?

I would suggest the JL HD600/4. I recently just heard about this amp. Bad ass amp.
I am personally gonna run a Hertz HDP4 on my 8speaker system. Mounted in my bag.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I have memphis amps now in the fairing, much better than the pbr. Upgrading to arcs now they will be in the same location.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
You can run all 8 speakers off of a good 4ch amp in parallel. With 4ohm speakers, that would bring your ohms down to 2 ohms.

Theoretically your amp will run less efficient and hotter at 2ohms but should be fine as long as it's 2 ohm stable.

Apparently that JL HD600/4 amp will allow 4ohm speakers to be ran at 4ohms when wired in parallel.

Would have to mount it in your bags though. Too big for the fairing.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Need help with chosing the right amp set up for 8 speakers. My set up will include 4 6.5's in front, 6.5 in tourpack and 6x9's in the lids. I have seen JL 600 but not many reviews. I have PBR300x4 up front and was leaning towards purchasing another one for rear speaker.
Bigsav - Take a look at the Cerwin Vega B2 two channel amp. Very small and very powerful. Run your front 4 speakers in parallel and buy another for the rear speakers. Cost about the same as the Rockford amp.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
You can run all 8 speakers off of a good 4ch amp in parallel. With 4ohm speakers, that would bring your ohms down to 2 ohms.

Theoretically your amp will run less efficient and hotter at 2ohms but should be fine as long as it's 2 ohm stable.

Apparently that JL HD600/4 amp will allow 4ohm speakers to be ran at 4ohms when wired in parallel.

Would have to mount it in your bags though. Too big for the fairing.
Only if the amp is capable of running a stable 2 ohm load.

·
Administrator
12,659 Posts
I have Hawgwired RS400s in my fairing, you can fit 4, they're class D 2 ohm stable, plus they can be adjusted with a wired remote, so you don't have to remove the fairing.

·
Registered
203 Posts
You can run an arc xdi600.4 to all the speakers and it's a better and more powerful amp than the jl and even better than two rockford 4 channels. I have one running 8 speakers it's mounted in my left bag never gets hot or shuts off and lots of power

1 - 19 of 19 Posts