Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I really like it... just not more than my first house.

edit: except the headlights...

·
Shark of the Month December 2013
679 Posts
To each is own. I actually think its hideous

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
If I had the $85,000, I would build my own custom glide and have plenty of leftover cash for gas food and beer!!:D

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Cool...but definitely not $85,000 cool.

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Even since he showed pics of this bike, I have loved those saddlebag lids. He still hasn't came out with them,.. so I may be forced to break out the fiberglass and make my own.

·
Super Moderator
12,315 Posts
Nice and unique, just not quite my cup of tea, at least not for 85Gs.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I think this guy is way out of line, may look cool but really, remote lights to sit in a bar to screw with people. So if he left that feature out would the bike only cost $20,000? Jesse James tried to do the same when he got bigger than life in his own mind, way to much money for his builds, and look how long his shop lasted.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Hmm, there are some cool things about this bike but there's no way in hell this thing is worth $85k, but I'm sure someone with an inferiority complex will buy it. I can understand wanting a 21" wheel in front, but IMO the big wheel thing ( >22" ) is way overplayed and outta control. I can't wait for it to be a thing of the past like choppers.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Slap some fiberglass over a gsxr headlight and cover it in black primer, viola, you're an innovator.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Jesse James tried to do the same when he got bigger than life in his own mind, way to much money for his builds, and look how long his shop lasted.
Jesse closed his shop because he wanted to,. not because of any financial problems. The man would still have a 5 year wait if he was still building bikes for customers, and could still name the price and people would pay. Maybe not so much now, because how he came across on this last "build-off", but WCC didnt close because he was asking to much for his bikes.

The two things that Paul Yaffe and Jesse James have in common,.. they do make quality bikes from what I have seen. They know how to do it right, and with most things thats the way they do it.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Ok for 85K where is the truck and trailer to haul it around with at and the bike model for a year. He could at least put a front tire on it for that price.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I like it, but see it more as inspiration for what I want to do with my glide rather than something I would buy. Not that I could afford the next front tire change anyway...

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
I dig it and we all know how fast custom shit adds up and how much custom fabrication takes. Yaffe does have some really good parts on that thing. Open belt drive, sound system, frame mod, wheels, etc. etc. 85K to much he probably looking at a 25 grand profit. hey more power to him there is an ass for every seat. I built more than a couple custom bikes and they aint cheap. Look how fast our glides start adding up. :)

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I wonder when the MoCo is going to go after Yaffee for advertising that he used '09CVO tank badges on that bike??

'Hell they make me send them a vin to get any parts like that for my bikes:mad:

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
In this case i guess you can say that theres an ass for every seat. Just not my ass. As a whole i dont like it but there are some things on it i do like. 85k a bit steep but if you want a piece of yaffe sitting in your garage then youll have to pay dearly. Ill settle for his license plate frame i put on my bike :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts