Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a 8 gb Flash Drive. When I put the Flash Drive in the Computor,all songs that I dowloaded show up and play.Plug it in to my bike and only 512 songs show up and play. Flash Drive, when plugged into the Computor show 1012 songs on it. Why are they not showing up and playing on my Bike Radio?

Did I run out of room on my Flash Drive???
If I did it dont make any sence to me. Cause all songs show up when the device is plugged into the Computor.

Flash drive says it holds over 2000 songs

·
Registered
168 Posts
You can look at the flash drive: right click> properties and see if its full and how many gigs of songs is on it. also if your music is all in one folder you can do the same to see just how many gigs you collection is, if too much make a playlist folder and move only what you can fit onto the flash drive.

·
Super Moderator
4,274 Posts
Hmm not sure. Are they duplicates or different file types?

I have a feeling they might be duplicate. Also what are you using to play on your bike?

Sent from the Droid using Tapatalk

·
Registered
397 Posts
neano i think it is because some of the songs are not in the right format and others are when i wanted to put a lot of songs on a cd i had to convert them to mp3 from acc files and i was able to put 150 songs on a cd

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmm not sure. Are they duplicates or different file types?

I have a feeling they might be duplicate. Also what are you using to play on your bike?

Sent from the Droid using Tapatalk
I bought a Sony CDX-GT930UI radio. I'm still learning all the functions of the radio, but when I switch to a USB function on the Radio,plug in my Flash Drive, the On Screen Displays says 512 songs.

When I plug the Flash Drive into the Computor, it says 1012 songs, and plays them all.

It only plays the 512 songs when plugged into the Head Unit thats on the bike now.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
512 is one of the magic memory numbers. I'm thinking that there might be a limit on the stereo head as to how many songs it will recognize

·
Registered
720 Posts
Yep, what dikdark said

My guess was going to be what he said. Sometimes your electronic device will only accept up to a certain amount of memory devices. The owners manual or box sshould tell what the max capacity of memory the receiver can recognize is. of you have another flasah drive with the same amount of memory or more, try it to see if it will recognize more memory. That way yo can eliminate the problem being the flash drive.

DW

1 - 8 of 8 Posts