Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
7,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What brand are you guys using for 90 degree valve stems? Thx

·
Registered
480 Posts
I use the same ones that JTB uses. Work well and seem like solid pieces. I did have to grind a slight bevel on the nut for the front rim for it to seal however, SG wheels front & back so I'm not sure what was up with that. It appears to be holding up just fine though.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
These are the same ones kurvy gal sells.

·
Registered
830 Posts
I have the anchors also. They work well!

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Another Anchor fan as well. Extremely pleased.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I know this is a month old... I'm ordering a set of Kurvey Girl angled valve stems... Is there any tricks to install these? or simply push them in the rim and tighten to torque specs? should you use loctite? Does it matter which direction the stem is pointed?

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
I know this is a month old... I'm ordering a set of Kurvey Girl angled valve stems... Is there any tricks to install these? or simply push them in the rim and tighten to torque specs? should you use loctite? Does it matter which direction the stem is pointed?
Definitely point them toward the right side. Otherwise, when you're on the kickstand they'd be pointing down toward the ground.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I was thinking I would get 90* stems whenever it was time for tires. But...., I bought the extension hose at the HD dealer, it is about 6-8 inches long. Does a fine job. I won't be needing 90* stems.

·
Registered
168 Posts
and don't point them at a 90" angle from the wheel, meaning don't point them directly at the brake rotor.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
and don't point them at a 90" angle from the wheel, meaning don't point them directly at the brake rotor.
Why not? Not sure it makes a difference. Didn't day anything about it in the installation instructions. Have you had an issue with this?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Why not? Not sure it makes a difference. Didn't day anything about it in the installation instructions. Have you had an issue with this?
the brake rotor will get in the way when you are trying to put air in it.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I'm going to be installing my new wheels and tires this weekend with the Kurvey girl valve stems.. Did you guys have any issues in pointing the angled valve stem at 90 degrees? I want to make sure they won't hit the caliper or anything else for that matter..

1 - 20 of 27 Posts