Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
There was a frame change in 93. Battery was moved under the seat. Many parts from 93 to 96 work but also some later stuff and earlier will work. Just depends what you need. Also there really isn’t a 93 Street Glide. Didn’t start using the name until later but you can make a 93 look like a SG. I have a 93 FLHS and everybody calls it a Road King.

·
Registered
8,374 Posts
Welcome to the forum, sorry can't help with your question.

·
Super Moderator
6,180 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from SoCal. I’m probably not going to be able to answer your question but if you’re more specific about your needs someone else might help.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I had a 94 back in the day a little different but close, for fenders rear up to 08 should work and front you may be able to use up to 12, wheels as long as you change bearing many as long as it is the same width and not abs,
Fuel tank will be up to 05 or 06 after that all touring went fuel injection
Bars, mirrors, floorboards, pegs, should be any Evo and twinke non Rushmore
But all things may need some tweaks so don't be afraid to try things out and turn wrenches

·
Registered
604 Posts
In 1993, if it was a police bike, and a Glide, it would be an FLHP. Electra Glide Police. But, yes, similar-ish to the modern SG in that it had a handlebar-mounted fairing. Any 1993 Electra Glide parts would be compatible. Some trim / exhaust parts back into the 1980s and later into the 1990s would also fit.

The parts manual for a 1993 Glide would be a HUGE asset in this hunt for knowledge.

Be aware that when you get into the areas of battery box, oil tank, starter motor/jackshaft area, rocker boxes and carb bolts (switch to head breathing), clutch shaft, switchgear ..... there were changes between 1989 and 1996

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
There was a frame change in 93. Battery was moved under the seat. Many parts from 93 to 96 work but also some later stuff and earlier will work. Just depends what you need. Also there really isn’t a 93 Street Glide. Didn’t start using the name until later but you can make a 93 look like a SG. I have a 93 FLHS and everybody calls it a Road King.
Thanks, its actually a 93 electra glide police bike, alot of what I'm seeing for parts go from 94 and up, but a variety of years sure helps

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
For the saddlebags you can grab anything in the right year range (93-13) and just add a few holes for the cop style latches. All that stuff was used until 2013, so is still current - even though most of it has 80's coded part numbers.

I've done the conversion on two different bikes - it's not difficult - just triple check the measurements before firing up the drill.

·
Registered
91 Posts
New to this, what year harley parts are compatible for a 1993 street glide police special. Looking for fender chrome, mufflers, saddle bags
I have black front and rear fenders from my 2005 Electra Glide Standard (FLHT) I would sell. They have all the standard light tips and chrome pieces. I also have many other parts for that bike, I would have to go through the box to see what I have. Let me know if interested.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.