·
Registered
946 Posts
I too am curious...

Stephen

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
I haven't tried them but leaning that way. Most people on here have spoken highly of them though.

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
202 Posts
Would these be what's used/needed to get rid of that nasty feelin that the bike is fall apart when you hit a bump while riding 2up?? Pls say yes!!!

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
^ what he said ^ lol
My ass! The only reason you probably don't have them is because your check card is too hot to the touch right now. Soon as that joker cools off you will get them. Then you can sell me the 440s you ordered at a discount.:D

·
Shark of the Month August 13
3,318 Posts
My ass! The only reason you probably don't have them is because your check card is too hot to the touch right now. Soon as that joker cools off you will get them. Then you can sell me the 440s you ordered at a discount.:D
LOL they're 444s, not 440s :p don't think I'd go the 944 route......may entertain going back to the air ride route at some point, can't beat the slammed ass look! And if that does happen Rich your the man, til then, I'll just keep sending ou pictures to tease you LOL like the day the brown truck shows up, wait, that's pretty much every day :cool:

·
Registered
208 Posts
What is the difference between the 444 and 944? I'm in the market and I'm interested. Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just bought a 2013 and converted toProgressive cartridges and 944's. I have only put about 120 miles on it because I have been trying to get the Madstad windshild dialed in. I am 180 lbs. The 944's were adjusted all the way to the softest setting. The softest setting felt good but I took a few hard hits on bumps so I turned 1/2 turn to firmer setting. The ride might even be a little better and I have not bottomed out again. The ride is much firmer than the 2010 SE Ultra I had before. I was a little worried it might be too stiff for the first 10 miles or so. It is going to take a long trip to really be sure but even though it is firm it doesn't feel harsh at all. The handling is a huge improvement. Turn in on corners and the way it holds through the corners is greatly improved. The bike feels completely stable and I actually prefer the ride to the softer ride of the Ultra. No dive at all under braking. I had Progressive 440's on a 2005 SEEG but I don't remember the length - 12" I think - they were a big improvement over the lowered HD shocks. The 944's feel much better to me.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
HA ha...Thats funny....Goneblack you do have one of the nicest rg's on here in my opinion.

·
Registered
74 Posts
After waiting and waitng and almost buying the Ohlins but held off I finally got them monday installed them that night and have a little over 200 miles on them so far. I know they need at least 1000 miles to brake in good but oh man what a improvement over the stock air shocks. No more harsh bottoming out feeling, the bike feels like its on rails in the corners. I also have the monotube kit in the front. What a perfect combitnation. I weigh about 260 so the stock springs are perfect. Removal and installation took less than an hour. I turned the adjuster all the way out and marked a little line with a silver sharpie on the shock body and adjuster so I know how many turns I have on the springs. I started with 2 turns and right now I have them at 2 1/2 turns. I got them from Phat Performance Parts for $550.00 with free shipping. Well worth the wait and the cash to make the bike feel like its suposed to.

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
Good write up and an awesome deal if you ask me! The 944 would never work for me. I need an 11.5 and the lowest I've seen in 944 is 13.

·
3,318 Posts
The biggest reason I didn't go 944s, truth be told, :)~ is that unloaded they measure 13" and they are 12" (ride height) when you sit in it.......there's no way I would be able to run that long, ascetically.

Rich, I'm sure you've already ordered your 944s, we all know your loaded :D lol

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
RichieRich= last name Richardson. Has nothing to do with cash flow. lol.

I'm in the same boat as you and then some. Not only could I run a shock that long for looks but my damn feet would never touch the ground!

·
3,318 Posts
Damn short people!! LOL just kidding Rich, I had them do a set of 11" (they'll do it for a little extra $$) I'm 6'1" so I'm pretty flat foot regardless, with how low my bike is :D I couldn't do 12" just because I want my bike to sit level and don't want to run those lowering blocks

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
Tall people always asking for special treatment. Really though? Who does that? Gets Progressive to custom make you a set of 11 inchers? I think you may be part of the establishment.

·
3,318 Posts
Tall people always asking for special treatment. Really though? Who does that? Gets Progressive to custom make you a set of 11 inchers? I think you may be part of the establishment.
Lol Rich our killin me LOL just because your short.....it's not my fault you'll always be looking up to me :cool:

Oh yeah......PM replied to, now answer my question lol

·
Registered
140 Posts
so if i read this right... the 944's on the bike with no load is actually taller than stock? Then compress to 12" when loaded?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Yes the 944's are 13" from eye to eye, the stock ones are 12. When you put them on and take the bike off the stand the weight of the bike takes up that inch in sag. Have two weeks on mine and no issues, love em bike rides so much better than stock.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts