Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Engine lost oil pressure. Filter full of bronze. Cam chest parts look good. Valve train solid. When I got to the crankcase I found one of the oiler nozzles was gone. Bolts and ears of the nozzle were in place. It was like oil pressure blew the nozzle apart. Piston skirts show no damage. Has anyone heard of this? What could cause this?
Crate motor or rebuild?

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Engine lost oil pressure. Filter full of bronze. Cam chest parts look good. Valve train solid. When I got to the crankcase I found one of the oiler nozzles was gone. Bolts and ears of the nozzle were in place. It was like oil pressure blew the nozzle apart. Piston skirts show no damage. Has anyone heard of this? What could cause this?
Crate motor or rebuild?
There was a new take out 103 on here last week for $1200, or plenty of take outs for $2000

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Crate motor or rebuild?
99.9% chance of rebuild.
All depends on what you want to do with it.
Option is now to make lemonade from the lemons. :)
Scott

·
Registered
546 Posts
"What could cause this?"

Wonder if the flywheels spread. Any panic stops? Lugging?
Maybe price a crate motor (not Harley=same junk lower end) or price a rebuild with S&S flywheel assy. 4.375", have your cylinders bored = 103" (Harley cast flat tops are fine), mild headwork, and a cam that suits your riding style. Good all around cam S&S .570. If going .570 have the compression set @ 9.5 -10.0:1, get the easy start version.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts