Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally taking the 2010 rg custom in for cams, already has PCV and rhinehart 2n1 with high flow AC. Which would be the the better choice in cams,andrews 48 or woods 222. I ride 90/10 one up and like to get it occasionaly. My dyno read 80/91 after putting on the rhineharts. Do you thiink I will pick up much more. thanks duane5157

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
I run the Woods TW 222 cams and they are a great low end/mid range torque cams, the torque comes on early and holds real well which works great for touring model bikes.
The Woods cam will produce more torque sooner then the Andrews will according to specs.
Both are good cams and the Woods may cost a little more but they are worth it IMO.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
+1 on the woods 222 cams solid choice, a better alternative than the Andrews 48 IMO is the feuling 525 which I personally run, bothe are great torque cams, the way to go.

·
Registered
6,106 Posts
I am running Andrews 48's. Runs great. Plenty of low end torque.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I have the 48's. I noticed (seat of the pants dyno) better all around torque and the power stays with you to a higher RPM compared to stock. I realize comparing to stock isn't saying much but it's all I have to go on. They are a good cam for the everyday rider who isn't interested in leaving rubber at every stop sign.

·
Registered
25 Posts
If your not going to do any other work the Tman 555 torqster is a great bolt in cam. You have the perfect opportunity to bore and go to a 107 with 10:5 to 1 compression with the tman 555 cams. The 96 is a slug with just cams due to the low compression of the stock engine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts