Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im having trouble finding pictures of the old style road glide. Im looking at the 8.5 Memphis and the 12" klock werks, since these seem to be about the same height vertically. Does anyone have pictures of one or both of these? Picture of my 01, im 5 "11 and getting a lot of wind with this short shield. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
790 Posts
This is a 12” klockwerx on my ‘11

Sent from the Rockies of Colorado

·
Registered
309 Posts
Here’s a KW 14” just for fun

This is a KW 12”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
Im having trouble finding pictures of the old style road glide. Im looking at the 8.5 Memphis and the 12" klock werks, since these seem to be about the same height vertically. Does anyone have pictures of one or both of these? Picture of my 01, im 5 "11 and getting a lot of wind with this short shield. Thanks guys.

View attachment 414917
Nice bike.

I have the stock HD Windsplitter on my '12 SERG and get beat up with it. The KW looks a lot like it. I'm leaning towards an 8.5" Memphis for it. Trying to keep it sleek and keep the wind off of me some.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice bike.

I have the stock HD Windsplitter on my '12 SERG and get beat up with it. The KW looks a lot like it. I'm leaning towards an 8.5" Memphis for it. Trying to keep it sleek and keep the wind off of me some.
I am gonna bite the bullet the next day or so, ill let ya know which I decide on . I wish they made a 10" klock werks.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Thanks Shemp, any complaints ?
I liked the looks a lot. Did get a bit of buffeting and have since put a 12" dark tint Madstad on. Love the wind management.

·
Registered
772 Posts
If you haven't already pulled the trigger, I have a like new 12" Klockwerks and a 12" HD Windsplitter in the garage I'd like to find a new home for.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I tried the 8.5 memphis I was not impressed with looks or performance. Can you pm me price and pictures of the shields ? Thanks!

·
Registered
309 Posts
What did you think of the 14" KW?
Of the two shields I have I like the 14” a lot. Down side for me was it’s not wide enough at the top to keep the wind from coming in behind my glasses(prescription). If my glasses had more side protection, I’d run it all the time but the windvest I’ve had for the last 5 yrs is awesome for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Here’s my 2010 with the 14” Klock Werks. I’m 6’ but have a long torso. I wish it was a 15-16”, but it was the tallest they had. I’m looking over it by at least 3”. It works better for wind management than my 15” Cee Bailey shield.

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
I tried the 8.5 memphis I was not impressed with looks or performance. Can you pm me price and pictures of the shields ? Thanks!
I missed this reply. What color did you have and what did you do with it?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts