Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have noticed that on my 99 glide that the handle bars "twist" in place a little. what i mean is this if i lock the bars to the left i can slightly move the bars left to right. i thought that the bars were on a solid mount. but after i looked closer it seems that they are on rubber mounts. does any one know if they are on rubber mount? thanks in advance

·
Registered
505 Posts
There are rubber bushings around the riser bolts in the top triple tree. They do get worn after a while. You can replace with rubber ones or poly ones (a little more vibration though). Or simply ignore the little bit of movement.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks. i was just making sure cuz i dropped the damn thing ealier and when i picked it up the bars were a lil cock eyed and i got a lil worried.

p.s. don't tell any 1 that i dropped my bike. ok? thanks lol

·
Registered
505 Posts
You can straighten the bars out easily enough. Just move the front wheel to full lock in whichever direction is appropriate and slowly move the bars so they are even. The direction you're pushing the bars towards must be the direction that is in full lock (if that makes sense).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts