Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
Administrator
13,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Dates are now firm September 8-11

Motel info for the noobs

Baymont Inn
1112 Tn 76
Clarksville Tn 37043
931-368-4207

This is our third or fourth year staying here and we all like it and the staff has always been very accommodating .. The motel is right off I-24 at exit 11 .

For those new to this one , we're a pretty laid back crowd . Thursday no plans as everyone will be coming in through the day .. Friday there will be a planned ride , Craig and Jason are local and know the area pretty well and have never let us down on a great ride .. Also some who aren't able to come in Thursday will arrive Friday .. Saturday is the big day for lunch ride to Patti's , it's about eighty miles from the motel and the last couple years we have moved the reservations to 1100 when they open , gives us plenty of time to get back to the motel before dark .. We will leave the motel around 0900-0915 ish and you take your choice of routes , slab or back roads .. Sunday we all go our separate ways to parts unknown for our next adventure ..

I'm leaving Thursday morning and will meet Mo at my first fuel stop and roll into Nashville and stop at Boswell's HD on Fesslers Lane to meet any one who may be passing through from the east , Nick and Betty and anyone else , we will have a rough arrival time already planned and usually kill around an hour or more there .. From there it's maybe 45 minutes to the motel ..

There's plenty of gas stations at the motel , also a Waffle House and Mexican restaurant next door .. Harley shop is a few red lights down the road and a Wal Mart as well ..

Looking forward to this one .. Everyone be safe and if the economy keeps you from traveling , believe me , we understand ..

I will update this post as people say they are in and how many are coming in their party ..

JtB

Those who have said for sure they will attend , if you are a maybe or are going and not listed let me know ..

JtB 2
Bob 1
Steve 1
Smitty 2
Scott 2
Tony 1
Brad 2
Nick 2
Gary 2
Mike Chrome Spark 2
Craig 1
Mike (thedude) 2
TWA 1
Ben 2
Ickshter 2
Mo. 1

·
Registered
6,527 Posts
Provided I can still ride once the back finishes healing up and We can get those dates off work, we're a definite maybe again.

·
Registered
6,748 Posts
We shall be there

·
Registered
6,748 Posts
We have a lot of new members. We need to get the word out.

Reactions: mjsdouble

·
Registered
2011 RGU
2,334 Posts
So looking at Google maps, which is dangerous and I am sure someone who has actually ridden the roads will know better, but...
It appears we can get to the Loveless from the hotel in just over an hour without getting on the interstate. It then looks like another couple hours from there to the Jack Daniels Distillery. That would put us about 3 hours from the hotel. Don't know if there would be any interest in that, or if the roads are scenic or anything. Just throwing an idea out there.

There is also the Corvette Museum in Bowling Green. I do know that that is not a real curvy or scenic ride like Craig and Jason have mapped out for us the past few years, but it isn't interstate.

·
Registered
4,314 Posts
Loveless is fairly small and always crowded. A group our size would almost fill it up. Would be a time consuming stop. Touring the distillery is also time consuming. Not to be a Debbie downer but that would be a loooong day.

·
Registered
4,516 Posts
Agree with @arkieglide. I’ve been to JD distillery more times then you can shake a stick at, cause I LOVE high end Jack. And just riding down and back is an all day affair, add a group envy longer do the tour (which is NO longer free) and you’ll be getting back at night or just before. Not trying to sway you guys away from anything, just trying to let you know the deal.

1 - 20 of 142 Posts