Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning all!

I'm looking for a better option to mount my phone. I have the goofy squeeze clamp mount now at the top of my bars. I see the fuel door mount but that's not very attractive neither.

Anyone have a better suggestion and possible photos on their location? Somewhere on the fairing would be ideal.

PS:
Is there a 12 step program that can help with "Upgrade Addiction"?:grin: I've got it real bad...

Ride on!

Larry

·
Registered
435 Posts
Check out Ciro 3d. I got the bar mount and the phone holder, the holder is the most secure and simplest I have ever had. They also have two bar mount style, mirror mount and a fairing mount, not cheap but good stuff.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check out Ciro 3d. I got the bar mount and the phone holder, the holder is the most secure and simplest I have ever had. They also have two bar mount style, mirror mount and a fairing mount, not cheap but good stuff.
Thanks! I'll check it out...

·
Registered
617 Posts
Iron aces mount. There was someone on here selling one pretty cheap, not sure if it's still available. Little pricey but looks great. Sits above the Speedo and tach
Here's a link to our Iron Aces Mount product page that talks all about our Rushmore Road Glide Mount. If you did decide to go our route for the mounting option, I'd also recommend getting your device cradle for SlipGrip Car Mounts (second link below). Their cradles are nice because they are sleek and will be compatible with a protective device case. On their site, you'd just enter the type of phone used, type of case (if any) and it will provide the cradle options. For use with our Mounts, you'd select one without any bracketry.

https://www.ironacesspeedshop.com/iron-aces-mount/

Welcome to SlipGripCarMounts - Innovation in Progress

Hope this helps!

Lindsey :0)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Here's a link to our Iron Aces Mount product page that talks all about our Rushmore Road Glide Mount. If you did decide to go our route for the mounting option, I'd also recommend getting your device cradle for SlipGrip Car Mounts (second link below). Their cradles are nice because they are sleek and will be compatible with a protective device case. On their site, you'd just enter the type of phone used, type of case (if any) and it will provide the cradle options. For use with our Mounts, you'd select one without any bracketry.

https://www.ironacesspeedshop.com/iron-aces-mount/

Welcome to SlipGripCarMounts - Innovation in Progress

Hope this helps!

Amazing customer service, I accidentally ordered two phone mounts, she called me to make sure I meant to do that and refunded my accidental order. Got a hand written letter from them thanking me for my purchase. You really can't get any better than that. Lindsey was actually the one that told me about this forum. Mount works amazing and looks like its stock on the bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
711 Posts
another vote for the iron aces mount, i've had mine 5yrs now and love it. the slip grip phone mount is the best also, i have one for my samsung with an otterbox case and the phone is super secure, i have the slipgrip secured with a wing nut so when i don't need it it pops off and goes in the bag and the iron aces bracket is almost invisible. the slip grip was a tad high when first mounted and blocked my view of the clock on the radio, just redrilled the slipgrip to lower it 1/4" and it's great now.

·
Super Moderator
12,331 Posts
I have both Iron Aces and Tech Mount, I like both, but I must admit I like the positioning of the Tech Mount a little more when it comes to riding and seeing information.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I use the Iron aces mount with a Slipgrip phone holder. I like the slip grip because they offer holders that are made to hold a phone already in a case. For instance the phone clip on my RG accepts my note5 in an under ground armor case.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
I have the Iron Aces Mount that I have my Harley Road Tech Zumo 665 mounted to and love it.
I use a Quad Lock Phone Mount for my iPhone X that I also love.
You can’t go wrong with Iron Aces as stated before Lindsey is a Great Person and her company has Customer Service Second to None.
Best of Luck on your decision.
Mike U.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
45 Posts
Will this mount fit an 18 RGS? And do you have to drill to mount?
Yes, it will work with your 18 RGS, just makes sure you buy the correct one from the website.

No, there is no drilling for the 15 and up RG mount. It sticks to the top of the gauge housing with 3m tape. (I suppose you could drill some holes if you wanted to, but I have never heard anybody having any issues with the tape.)

·
Registered
617 Posts
Will this mount fit an 18 RGS? And do you have to drill to mount?
For the '18 Road Glide you would need to purchase the Rushmore Road Glide Mount which is compatible on all '15 & newer Road Glide models. As for the install, the Mount is affixed to the top of the speed / tach gauge bezel using 3M VHB adhesive that is rated to hold to 150lbs so it's more than suitable for any handheld device.

Hope this helps!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts