Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Shark of the Month October 13
7,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got home from SW 4 last night, after stretching the trip by another 4 days to attend the White Mountain Boogie and Blues Festival in NH with "Springer Todd" and a couple other friends.

I just want to take a couple minutes to say THANK YOU to the many folks who helped make SW4 a success.

First, I need to thank GMAN for all of his work with the day ride routes and other responsibilities over the last year. "G", it was a pleasure working with you and getting to know you better my friend.

I also want to single out a handful of others by name:

TracyB - for all her hard work on the "Big Raffle", before, during, and after the event. Also thanks to FrankieB, HogWild, and Miss Piggy (and any others I may have missed) for all the assistance you gave Tracy at the event.

Thanks to Dan Mize for your efforts in getting the live streaming of a couple of key events up and running. Also thanks for your work putting together the slide shows which everyone enjoyed with their dinner on Thursday. Also, thanks to Stray Mutt, Garvin90, Springer Todd, and Z-Shark for being our unofficial official photographers for SW4. An extra shout out to Garvin90 for organizing and leading the Museums and More Tour on your way to SW4.

Thanks to Hutmo for organizing and leading the Gypsy Tour, getting the RG flag to NH, and for being the master BINGO caller on Wednesday. Who knew you were so skilled at teaching BINGO to a room full of mostly newbie bingo players .... but then again, I guess teaching BINGO to a bunch of mostly old bikers isn't all that different from teaching a room full of elementary students .... except for the alcohol consumption!

Stray Mutt/Nutter Mutter - thanks for your help with a variety of things including the "Necklace of Shame" presentations, and Ron for your considerable help and suggestions over the past year.

I know I'll forget someone here, so instead of trying to name everyone, I'll just say "Thank You" for those who gave freely of their time to help with event registrations, swag sales, and leading or sweeping on the day rides.

As a SW newbie myself, it was so much fun getting to put actual names and faces with the user names on here. I enjoyed meeting each and every one of you, and you made all the work of putting this event on a very rewarding experience personally for both GMAN and myself.

It sounds like everyone got home safe and sound, but with a few mechanical issues along the way. Thanks for supporting the "Insane in Maine Tour" and I look forward to seeing you all again somewhere along the highways and by-ways of this great country. You make me proud to be a Road Glide rider. Peace and love to all.

Kevin G (Northwoods-Maine)

·
Super Moderator
12,428 Posts
Well said, thanks for being a great host and sharing your part of the country with us, I personally enjoyed every minute.

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
Great job Kevin & Gman! I thought the Town & Country was a great host hotel and everything from a participants point of view seemed to go off without a hitch. I had a great time and enjoyed some good food, beautiful scenery, and a little banter.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
My compliments to Kevin, G, Tracy and the rest of the team - classy event, much enjoyed by all.

Kudos!!!

·
Registered
164 Posts
I wasn't sure what to expect from a Shark Week and I have to say our expectations were blown away, great people, great bikes, just a great time. Thanks for making us feel welcome and part of the family.
Thanks to you and everyone else who had a part in it.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Kevin, it was great meeting you and everyone else. As you said, it was great to put a face to a name. You guys did an awesome job!! I look forward to meeting again on the road!

·
Registered
400 Posts
Great job by everyone. Glad I finally made it to Shark Week and met so many Sharks! I even took the time to map the trip and update my avatar with the graphic. Looking forward to seeing everyone next year in Texas. Already booked and the countdown is on!

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
You da man! Thanks everyone for your hard work. A great bunch of folks for sure.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
A big thanks back at ya. It was one of those "I forget, what day is this?" kinda trips.

I do think we need to do something about the raffle. There is something about staying up past midnight, getting up at 4:30 am and riding 500 or so miles, and not being able to stand up after that is a bit unsettling.

To make things more fun, I got to the hotel, only to find their "parking garage" is actually a public garage across the street. Nope, not acceptable I says. So, after all that, I had to maneuver the bike into a narrow sidewalk under the front canopy of the hotel. I 'bout earned a shark tooth there.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts