Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Building our bikes is can be a difficult thing. Sometimes part way thru our build we realize that this isn't the way we wanted it to look or maybe this isn't the style we wanted like we thought. This was my case with my 15 RG. Shortly after I bought my bike I installed 12" KST bars, lower fairings with Polk speakers, a fuel moto header pipe and jackpot mufflers, DK custom air cleaner, and the typical affair. It was a perfectly good bike and did what it was supposed to do. But I'm the kind of guy that likes to do things out of the typical but not so much as to be obnoxious. Sort of a form follows function while still fun. I swapped the bars for 14" West coast MX-T bars, the exhaust for a rush Wrath 2 into 1 exhaust. I raised the back end with a set of 13" progressive 444 shocks and added a 12" freedom shields sport touring windshield. While we had it apart for paint and some powder, my painter and I decided to get rid of the fender extension/fascia with tribar light and also installed some ghost brackets on the front and got rid of the engine guard and lower fairings. The pics don't do the paint enough justice with a camera phone. The color is synergy green from the newer camaros with a layer of green pearl on top of it. when the light hits it and you are up on it it just shines in all different manners.

before:

after:

It's not done by any means. I still have plenty of powder to do and still have the front suspension to tackle. But the bike is more fun than ever to ride and definitely a conversation piece.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you have that empty slot between the rear fender and bags?

Looks good without the crash bar, but I personally would leave it on.
I don't have the gaps between fender and saddlebag. I found a company called v factor making filler plates for the ultras out of steel for a decent price.easy to install to saddlebag supports. Also I can reinstall the engine guard at any time. I just don't have to run it for the fairing anymore.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bg1960, I don't know how well it can lean YET, central louisiana isn't exactly known for sweeping curves and twisties. Hopefully will find out soon enough. Front suspension needs upgrading some anyway

·
Registered
571 Posts
Looks good. 1 of a kind.

What model of KST bars did you have originally? I'm wanting some 12" bars and like the looks of the ones you had. Having a hard time finding them on their website.

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
I dig it Daddy-O and after the Front Susp.......maybe even the Front Fork Blacked Out Kit, she'll look even better - I am a fan of the no crash bar look

Congrats man

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks good. 1 of a kind.

What model of KST bars did you have originally? I'm wanting some 12" bars and like the looks of the ones you had. Having a hard time finding them on their website.
Sorry, didn't notice this before. I had, and still have in the shed,
The 12" outlaw bars from kst.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts