Road Glide banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
12" or 14" Signature bars.

I know the 12s look aesthetically pleasing to my eye from the side. I ran the 12" on my 16 and loved everything about the width the height was good and they did not appear to tall over the fairing for my taste.

But. I would get a knot in between shoulders.

My Freewheeler I put the 14" Signature bars on. And that lack of a fairing made the height a none issue. Looked great on the trike. And they were only 2" taller than stock.

And, no knot in my shoulders.

From the battery forward. It's the same bike. Same frame geometry everything. the trees have a different rake. So for the sake of comparison. It's apples to apples.

Here's the dilemma. I know they will remove the knot if I go 14s on the RGS. But I'm hung up on the look.

Can you guys with 14" F47 Signature bars post up side view and different angle pics.

I'm 50/50 on what to do.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Get the bars that prevent the knot - the looks will grow on you in every town you travel to in comfort. I was worried about height as well, as I recently went with 16's, but that was the measured height that would work for me and indeed, they are the most comfortable bars I've had. No more knot in my shoulders and/or fingers falling asleep.

·
Registered
7,654 Posts
John go with the 14’s like Z stated the look will grow on You.
You’ll also be a happier Glider without the knot in between Your shoulders.
Ride On Brother!
Mike U.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
function before form.

you'll learn to like the look after a while. remember how much you hated the look of a road glide fairing first time you saw it?

Reactions: RFG7680

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
function before form.

you'll learn to like the look after a while. remember how much you hated the look of a road glide fairing first time you saw it?
Well now that ya put it like that. Ok. That statement and all the pics Matt sent me I'm at 95% sure of the 14s. Just checked. They have 248 in stock. :grin:

·
Registered
8,856 Posts
You're old enough to know you can't see what the handlebarrs look like on your bike when you're riding down the road comfortably. :)

Reactions: RFG7680

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Im 5'6" and there is no way in hell I would go with a 12". The 14's are perfect for me. I broke my neck when I was a teenager and the 14's were a game changer as far as comfort goes. Looks are opinionated so I wouldn't worry about that part. You like to ride so comfort then style. How tall are you?

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im 5'6" and there is no way in hell I would go with a 12". The 14's are perfect for me. I broke my neck when I was a teenager and the 14's were a game changer as far as comfort goes. Looks are opinionated so I wouldn't worry about that part. You like to ride so comfort then style. How tall are you?
I'm 5 10. Long torso. 32" inseam. In my younger days I ran 18s for a while. They were comfortable but slow maneuvering sucked. I'm not worried about what other people think about the height. It's all in my head.

Fun fact. I'm a true OCD. Well controlled after years of meds and therapy. (Long time ago) but still have some idiosyncrasies. One being how things flow.

That new custom shop red and black that goes up as it goes back just drives me nuts. Lol.

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I stopped reading after the first line. If you have to ask, go with the 14's.
You missed what happened at band camp one summer. >:)

Reactions: madmat

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I'd rather be with a 300 pound woman who knows how to screw than a supermodel who just lays there.

That said, I'm 6'2" tall, 34" inseam. I have 14" KST Pathfinders. They're brilliant. Couldn't care any less how they look, I'm comfortable.

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Get the bars that prevent the knot - the looks will grow on you in every town you travel to in comfort. I was worried about height as well, as I recently went with 16's, but that was the measured height that would work for me and indeed, they are the most comfortable bars I've had. No more knot in my shoulders and/or fingers falling asleep.
What do you mean by 'measured height'? I have factory bars on a '16 and my shoulders/back are killing me after a long day. I definitely need something different.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
I rode someone's 2017Road Glide with Factory 47 14in Apes. Loved them.
Just picked up a 2016 Road Glide -- I knew I had to have Apes. I've always loved the look.

Something about the pointed top style.... I really fell in love with it. I ended up with KST Double Trouble 14 in. To be honest price was important.
They have the pointed top but round bottom. I worried about the round bottom but they look great !!

My other concern - and it proved out - was that KST is spread a little farther, at the Triple Tree and you can see the two gauges on the dash! Factory 47 blocks the turn signals on a Road Glide.

There's something else I looked into.... Fact, most of these pointed top Apes - the grips are about 2 in lower then the stated size: Factory 47 is the only one who calls out a 2-inch drop !!
I'm thinking 14 inch Apes have your hands at 12in (13 at the most.)
Check out the KST Double Trouble.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts