Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's what I got, 2011 RGU SE airfilter(open) and FatKatz silp-ons and SE Tuner.
The other day while riding to work about 80mph with the cruise on the cruise kicked off and would not resume, thou the throttle worked fine. Shut the cruise off and tryed again, work for about a minute and kicked off again.
After I noticed engine light on, every thing seemed fine with exception of the cruise.
When I got home I ran a code scan (thanks IronMark) found Cruise limits high, both EGO sensors rich and non-responding. The cruse I believe is a faulty switch, but my question is the EGO sensors. Could or would the SE tuner disable the EGO sensors when used to tune for changes?
The bike is going in to have this checked being it's still under warranty, I would just like some backup info on these issues. Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Exactly what is your codes, what do you mean by EGO sensors? Could you mean o2 sensors or ECU, ECM. If your bikes ECM recognizes a code that is related to the function of the engine it will shut down the cruise option on the bike, it is one of the many ways that the ECM will do to protect the engine. I would not think that it would be in the cruise control switches and controls. It may be a 1 time only occurrence. Did you try to clear the codes to see what happens? If you clear the codes and you ride the bike and no codes come back & everything works fine then it may have been a minor grounding problem, if the codes reappear then you have a issue that should be taken care of by a HD tech because the bike is still under warranty.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
The cruise switch (in the handlebar) has been known to be problematic in newer bikes. Mine went out at 1000 mi. Switch replaced and no trouble since.

Here's a thread that touches on it. http://www.roadglide.org/showthread.php?t=4763

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
EGO= exhaust gas oxygen sensor or o2 sensor.
The codes PO132,134,152,154, and PO577.
I,ll clear the codes and see what happens and report back with what I find.
Thanks for the reply's

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Sounds like the front & rear o2 sensors are reading a rich A/F mixture or they are not functioning properly. It may be a result of the o2 heaters not functioning properly. Make sure the plugs going to the o2 sensors are making a good connection.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok after got the bike back from the dealer, they check the codes, and cleaned the pcm connection and 02 sensors connection and a reflash, everything seems ok.
Guess I should keep contact cleaner on hand.

Thanks for the input guys.

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Also the cruise on my bike won't set over 80mph, I am not sure but I heard that HD change the upper limit on the cruise on the newer models.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Imo anything over 90mph on Cruise is insane anyhow. But I also had some issues with mine. But I noticed that the problem started after I put other bars on the Bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well it did not take long about 20 miles and the same problems came back. The bike has been at the dealer about 10 DAYS and no word yet. Weather has been for s**t any way and now working 12-14hrs a day and can not get to the dealer. Hopfully they'll get it figured out befor the snow flies.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts