Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So whats a good speaker without adding an amp? I have checked out the J&M HSUK-5252 2 Ohm replacements, and the J&M HRSK-7252GTM 7.25", but with that one, you'd probably have to have an amp to get what you want out of it. Are there other speakers out there that would be a better choice? I have the factory stereo head as well. Just looking for something that sounds better than the factory speakers.
Thanks for any info!

"13 RGC

·
Registered
66 Posts
Best thing you can do is buy a little amp and speakers. Your sound will drastically improve, with only speakers you are talking mild improvement.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Subscribing to this one. I was hoping to find some speakers that will work without an amp to start and then potentially scale it up to a system with an amp. My budget is limited and I will have to do this a piece at a time...

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
I installed the Harley Boom speakers in my 2012 FLTRX. I went from not being able to hear the music above 60mph to being able to hear it fine. Oddly enough, what helped me the most in audio quality while riding was adding the Madstad Engineering laminar flow windshield. If you keep an eye on the forum, you'll see the Boom speaks for sale every now and again. Forum member PCPain also makes a good deal on new ones. Or try the various online HD retailers, like Surdyke or Lakeshore. Sometimes they have free or reduced shipping; every little bit helps!

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
I found that the Harley boom speakers made a big difference. I wasn't expecting much but was pleasantly surprised. Got a great price from pcpain.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I just added the J & M 7.25's and if I had to do over again I would definetly add an amp.. Sounds louder but really the bass is just not there for me. I may add one in the future but dont want to tear apart the fairing again just for an amp so it will wait.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I just added the J & M 7.25's in mine also and the previous post is correct. Sounds way better but on the Interstate the Bass is lacking big time!! At least I can tell what song is playing now...Will add Amp later, but works for me at the moment. Found the best price on Amazon. Check it out and good luck.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
I have the J&M in the fairing now with J&M 250w amp. Also had the J&M lower speakers. Sound is loud and clear at 85...but there is little bass unless sitting in the garage. I think with bike stereos there is a diminishing return...the more you spend the more disappointed you are IMO.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll probably go with the 2 ohm J&J's for now. Maybe add an amp later down the road.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
J&Ms

Check out Eastern Performance Cycle (authorized J&M reseller)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts