Road Glide banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have Klock Werks Kliphanger bars, make sure you check the torque on the large bore fasteners frequently. I installed the bars in November. Torqued the fasteners to 155 inch lbs.(the max). After about a thousand mile figured I'd check them to see if they loosened. They did. Checked them today before I went out and every one was really loose. That's twice in under 2,000 miles. Just throwing that out there. Kliphangers are unique bars that require extra attention.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
If you have Klock Werks Kliphanger bars, make sure you check the torque on the large bore fasteners frequently. I installed the bars in November. Torqued the fasteners to 155 inch lbs.(the max). After about a thousand mile figured I'd check them to see if they loosened. They did. Checked them today before I went out and every one was really loose. That's twice in under 2,000 miles. Just throwing that out there. Kliphangers are unique bars that require extra attention.
Had them 5 years ago for 5k miles but never checked the bolts. Maybe I got lucky I didn’t have an accident. I would recommend blue loctite Geo’.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Had them 5 years ago for 5k miles but never checked the bolts. Maybe I got lucky I didn’t have an accident. I would recommend blue loctite Geo’.
I know. I use loctite on everything. I even put it on my french fries. I don't know why i didn't use it when i did these bars. I think because it was a little above my expertise level and I didn't want to do anything that wasn't in the instructions. I'll redo them this week with that wonderful blue liquid.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
I know. I use loctite on everything. I even put it on my french fries. I don't know why i didn't use it when i did these bars. I think because it was a little above my expertise level and I didn't want to do anything that wasn't in the instructions. I'll redo them this week with that wonderful blue liquid.
If I had them where I wanted them. I'd use the red. Or get cat cement. They don't come loose. Ever, with the cat cement.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Good timing! I pulled my scoot out of winter hibernation today and took a quick 40 mile ride around the block. I’m going to pull the new Kliphangers off tomorrow to flip the knuckles, so I’ll put some blue LocTite on the bolts when I tighten them up. I have the knuckles angled down now, but I need to angle them up so I can pull the bars back a bit more (10” Pullback Kliphangers).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
815 Posts

Had the 14” Kliphangers on my 13 RGU last year, didn’t have any issues with them coming loose, but this time around I won’t take any chances.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
435 Posts
Thanks, I just installed them, but since it is now snowing won't get a chance to try them for a while. I did locktight them though.

·
Registered
815 Posts
I now have about 6000 miles on the Kliphangers on my 17 RGU, including 4400 miles to Shark Week and back, zero issues with them! I found that using a torque wrench to tighten the screws to specs works great, and I didn’t need any Loctite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
I want a set for my RG also. Spoke with the Klock Werks guys when they were in town for the Harley 115th. I wanted to ask why they were out of stock everywhere. I was told that they are letting the stock run out because the new version is due out "soon" (October?).

How are you guy's liking these bars ? Im thinking about getting them

Thankyou

mike

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I want a set for my RG also. Spoke with the Klock Werks guys when they were in town for the Harley 115th. I wanted to ask why they were out of stock everywhere. I was told that they are letting the stock run out because the new version is due out "soon" (October?).
That's good info. Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you for posting, I'm going to get the 14" Chrome,Chrome bars for my 18 ultra. Inch pound tq wrench, and lock tite. I'm 6'2" hopefully will be able to get the right fit.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thank you for posting, I'm going to get the 14" Chrome,Chrome bars for my 18 ultra. Inch pound tq wrench, and lock tite. I'm 6'2" hopefully will be able to get the right fit.
There are several ways and positions in which you can install them. You should be able to find a position that's right for you.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts