Road Glide banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just about to have my 1st service done on this new bike. This is my 5th Harley, 1 1974 FLH police special, 2 2002 FLHTC, 3 2007 FLHTC, 4 2005 FLTR, 5 2015 FLTRXS. Have had many other bikes over the years also. This 2015 RoadGlide is the best handling bike I have ever owned. It rides like it is on rails in the corners. That PLUS, I start to drool every time I go into the garage & see the front of this bike. Did I mention I love this bike. Do yourself a favor & go buy one of these today!
Just Sayin'

·
Shark of the Month October 13
12,824 Posts
How do you really feel about it?
You'd think a guy who's owned that many HDs woulda learned by now not to get all happy and excited BEFORE checking out his next VISA card bill for the total cost of "makin' it his own" with the accessories catalog! We have a saying around here that the cost of the new bike is just the down payment! ;)

·
Registered
329 Posts
I'm just about to have my 1st service done on this new bike. This is my 5th Harley, 1 1974 FLH police special, 2 2002 FLHTC, 3 2007 FLHTC, 4 2005 FLTR, 5 2015 FLTRXS. Have had many other bikes over the years also. This 2015 RoadGlide is the best handling bike I have ever owned. It rides like it is on rails in the corners. That PLUS, I start to drool every time I go into the garage & see the front of this bike. Did I mention I love this bike. Do yourself a favor & go buy one of these today!
Just Sayin'
I haven't drooled, but I often do go out to the sanctuary man-cave where it's docked on a table lift and my mind keeps writing checks it can't possibly make good...so I just tend to undock it and take it for a spin just 'cuz....but, yeah...I think I know how you're feelin'.....congrats!

·
Premium Member
6,810 Posts
i came so close to buying a 2013 Roadglide Custom.
Man I am so glad I waited for the new 2015 version.
I still like the 2013 model but with all of the changes that were made on the lastest version, I couldn't be happier.
Swomack

·
Premium Member
4,019 Posts
Just picked up my '15 Fltrx about an hour ago. Traded my '12 for it and after riding home the whole 4 miles from the dealer, I can't even begin to tell you how impressed I am with it so far. The handling alone is so much better. Can't wait to really get some miles on it!

·
Registered
10 Posts
It rides like it is on rails in the corners. That PLUS, I start to drool every time I go into the garage & see the front of this bike.
This! For a bike that weighs 849lbs I am impressed with the bikes handling, power and brakes ( and I've own and ridden a couple of R1's and a Vic Hammer!)! Nice job Moco!

Congrats on your new ride!

·
Shark of the Month October 13
12,824 Posts
Just picked up my '15 Fltrx about an hour ago. Traded my '12 for it and after riding home the whole 4 miles from the dealer, I can't even begin to tell you how impressed I am with it so far. The handling alone is so much better. Can't wait to really get some miles on it!
How the hell did you manage to go straight home and put on only 4 miles??? I'd have ridden it all over for hours until the big shit eatin' grin was at least partially worn off! :D

·
Premium Member
4,019 Posts
How the hell did you manage to go straight home and put on only 4 miles??? I'd have ridden it all over for hours until the big shit eatin' grin was at least partially worn off!
I had to bring it home to show off for the wife since she wasn't with me during the deal. After all, she did give me the nod to fuel my need for a '15! Funny on the timing of your comment for not putting more miles on it. For as improved as it felt compared to the '12, I found some issues after my post that the dealer decided it would be best if they picked it back up from me. We shall see what happens.

·
Registered
812 Posts
I had to bring it home to show off for the wife since she wasn't with me during the deal. After all, she did give me the nod to fuel my need for a '15! Funny on the timing of your comment for not putting more miles on it. For as improved as it felt compared to the '12, I found some issues after my post that the dealer decided it would be best if they picked it back up from me. We shall see what happens.
So, what kinda issues ? Where did you buy it from ? flhman

·
Premium Member
4,019 Posts
Found out my ride never even had the PDI done to it. The dealer ended up doing the pdi after they picked it back up from me along with the bag recall. My first clue was that there was no air in the shocks. That prompted me to take a closer look at it. Tire pressures were at 20 front and 18 rear. Fluids were good though and found some of the protective decals still on in various spots. After I stated this to the GM he sent someone over right away and apologized for the bike not being gone over. Picked it up 3 days later after the GM called me and the only thing done was tire pressures and air shocks. After I pointed out to him that the decals were still on it and they did not clean it like he told me they did, he was pissed at his people. Drove it home and to work the next day, turns out no air in the shocks again. Picked it up again and they say they replaced lines and the manifold. So far so good, took it for a 115 mile ride yesterday with my newly installed 12" Windvest and couldn't be happier. Getting rid of the air shocks is next on the list. Besides all that b.s. I am very happy with the '15 over the '12!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.