Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to share bikes my new look, a Madstad Windshield with the Mean Mug bezel. Love them both, by far the best windshield I've own. Great visability, no helmet wobbel and excellent rediredtion of rain

Attachments

·
Registered
372 Posts
Love it. Can't wait to get mine!

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Are there any down sides to these windshields when riding in the rain?

Jeff
I've been using a MadStad for the past year. I'm 5'11" and use a 13" windshield. I can think of nothing about the windshield that's not superior to anything else I've ridden. I hated how it looked when I first installed it, but now it's grown on me and I like it. For sure, I am much fresher after the ride than my prior windshields. Less wind noise, turbulence, and such. As far as rain riding, the MadStad laminar flow pushes the rain up and over my head. Heavy downpours or hail require a full face or high pain tolerance, as they do with any windshield that doesn't obstruct your vision.

·
Registered
490 Posts
what size is that? How tall are you?

thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what size is that? How tall are you?

thanks for sharing.
I'm just over 6' and it was suggested by the company that I purchase the 14.5" windshield. Its a great fit for me, but if you have any questions just give them a call. Their customer service was excellent and they answered all of my questions prior to my purchase.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Thanks for the response.

I am 6'5, 6'7 w riding boots on and have a 16" freedomshield that works great. I would consider another shield if I could get by with a 14" or smaller than my 16" as the looks of the 16" dont blow my skirt up. However you being 6' and recommended a 14.5" I am sure I would need the 16". Freedom stays.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts