Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my 13" Madstad windshield yesterday on my 2016 Road Glide. I've got to say that the customer service and the product is top notch. In the past I've had to purchase at least several windshields before I found what worked for me. When I got this new bike, I did a lot of research and decided to bite the bullet and get the best shield on the market. I was not disappointed. I haven't dialed it in yet, just set it where I thought it needed to be and went for a ride. There is no buffeting at all and no negative pressure behind the windshield. This will be the only shield I'll own for now on. I just wanted to say thanks to Mark and the crew at Madstad for the excellent product.

·
Registered
927 Posts
IMO MadStad shields are the best looking & the style with the recurved top are ugly.

·
Registered
148 Posts
They flat out work...I had a 2002 FLTR and LOVED the way it cut the buffeting down to nearly zero. Bought a 2012 and the 1st thing I did was buy another MadStad.

D-

·
Registered
348 Posts
I too have Madstad on my 09 RG and love how well it works. Reading all the comments on this forum helped me decide to go with it and I couldnt be happier. Saved me going thru 4-5 shields to find what works! Looks very good on the 16 RG but I thought the Rushmore fairing was supposed to accomplish the same thing. Not so much?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I too have Madstad on my 09 RG and love how well it works. Reading all the comments on this forum helped me decide to go with it and I couldnt be happier. Saved me going thru 4-5 shields to find what works! Looks very good on the 16 RG but I thought the Rushmore fairing was supposed to accomplish the same thing. Not so much?

The vents do a great job and I didn't want a shield that was counter productive. Not to mention, in the winter the vents will be closed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Living in Tampa I ride past their plant/offices in Brooksville every weekend when I go for a ride , I thought about stopping in a few times but I can't get past the look and my Freedom Shield works well enough and looks good so I just ride past , to each their own though

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
Living in Tampa I ride past their plant/offices in Brooksville every weekend when I go for a ride , I thought about stopping in a few times but I can't get past the look and my Freedom Shield works well enough and looks good so I just ride past , to each their own though

It wouldn't cost you anything to just try it. I think you're just scared you might like it. ?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
I installed my 13" Madstad windshield yesterday on my 2016 Road Glide. I've got to say that the customer service and the product is top notch. In the past I've had to purchase at least several windshields before I found what worked for me. When I got this new bike, I did a lot of research and decided to bite the bullet and get the best shield on the market. I was not disappointed. I haven't dialed it in yet, just set it where I thought it needed to be and went for a ride. There is no buffeting at all and no negative pressure behind the windshield. This will be the only shield I'll own for now on. I just wanted to say thanks to Mark and the crew at Madstad for the excellent product.
That's great, good to hear about the customer service too. I have had numerous shields on different bikes....don't think I have ever seen one of these in person, so I will have to reserve my opinion on the looks.......I have heard from a ton of people that they love them.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 49 Posts