Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Yesterday I finally got around to installing the chrome fork kit I picked up from our fellow member PCPain. The installation went smoothly until I pulled the bike out of the garage and into the sunlight. The damn forks shine so brightly they make the front wheel and brake rotors look like shit. I guess next time I visit the in-laws I'm going to have to swing by and see PCPain about fixing it.

·
Registered
331 Posts
They look good, why do I feel more money leaving my wallet all of a sudden?

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
I have been having the same delima I want chrome forks but can not afford a new front wheel so maybe black forks might be better for me lol.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Looks really great! Although I also like the 'blacked out' look, there's just something about the black/chrome combination that really sets a bike off. I also like the few pieces of edge cut accents you added too. Sadly, I must agree with you though---it's like beauty and the beast now---the wheels and rotors just don't compliment the new bling.
Did you change out the internals (i.e. Progressive) of your forks at the same time? I'm planning on chroming my forks too, and figured I'd to that and install Monotubes at the same time to save on labor costs....

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks really great! Although I also like the 'blacked out' look, there's just something about the black/chrome combination that really sets a bike off. I also like the few pieces of edge cut accents you added too. Sadly, I must agree with you though---it's like beauty and the beast now---the wheels and rotors just don't compliment the new bling.
Did you change out the internals (i.e. Progressive) of your forks at the same time? I'm planning on chroming my forks too, and figured I'd to that and install Monotubes at the same time to save on labor costs....
I stayed with the stock internals. Nothing but flat straight roads out here so I figured why give up the soft smooth ride.

·
Registered
229 Posts
mine was just loaded for a doctors appointment, new rims, chrome front end, and about 4K worth of other goodies! Dealer is gonna store it for free all winter long in a heated shop. will be nice not having to worry about the wife sliding into it when we get six feet of snow

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts