Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a A1 dipstick crankcase breather on my 2020 Fltrxs and was curious if I can plug the intake head bolt breathers to keep the oil mist out of my intake? Excuse my ignorance if im completely misunderstanding how the dipstick breather works..

·
Super Moderator
12,929 Posts
You don’t want to plug the bolts, but you can install a catch-can. Do a search, there’s a couple of post on it describing how to do it and what parts are needed.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
You don’t want to plug the bolts, but you can install a catch-can. Do a search, there’s a couple of post on it describing how to do it and what parts are needed.
Yea i had something like that on my 13 but I still plugged the holes that allowed mist to migrate into the intake. Seems like it was DK brand. I was hoping I could get away from having to do that since im venting at the dipstick

·
Registered
2021 Full Custom RGS
1 Posts
I'm waiting to hear back from HD (Stonewall HD in Virginia) on whether or not ANY crank case breather will kill the "V-Twin for Life" warranty... I would rather have the Trask breather, although VERY expensive... just seems to be a better way to do it...

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm waiting to hear back from HD (Stonewall HD in Virginia) on whether or not ANY crank case breather will kill the "V-Twin for Life" warranty... I would rather have the Trask breather, although VERY expensive... just seems to be a better way to do it...
I just went with the A1 dipstick breather and just installed my DIY external breathers. It's the same parts that come with DK customs setup but purchased everything separately and saved about $40 bucks.

If I have a warranty issue arise I'll just stick the stock stuff back on before taking it in

Reactions: Angry
1 - 5 of 5 Posts