Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Administrator
10,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gatlinburg today a macaroon backed into the scoot , slag parking lot ..

Insurance but expired license .. Some deep gouges in the saddlebag and latch , tour pak lid is sprung , couple scratches on the lower and outer fairings , and small wrinkle in the front fender ..

laid the bike over on the right side , he hit the tour pak and put a big dent in the back of his cherokee

JtB

·
Administrator
12,480 Posts
I'm curious, where were you parked that he would back into you?

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Hate that for you man. Hope you get treated right on the repairs. Were the Cherokee driver's injuries life threatening or primarily treated with new boxers?​

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Seems like no matter how far out in the boonies you park, some bonehead caver finds a way to ding up your ride. Hope their insurance takes care of it.

·
Administrator
10,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I learned years ago to hold my temper , would not be a good thing , the bike can be fixed , I blow up on somebody , cant be fixed ..

nobody was hurt . thats the important thing

JtB

·
Registered
2,122 Posts

nobody was hurt . thats the important thing

JtB
Man I didn't think for a minute you did anything to him, I just know I'd probably mess my pants if I backed into and knocked over someone else's bike.

+1 on no-one being hurt.​

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
Sorry to hear, but like you said, no one got hurt and the bike can be fixed. Doesn't make it suck any less though.
Just sayin...

Rowdy

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Sucks brother you thinking customr paint or HD factory paint always nice to make lemonade out of lemons.Agree with you they call them accedints for a reason No need to make someone to fill worse sure they felt bad your a class act for sure!!!

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Sucks man. Could be an oppurtunity to change/upgrade some things.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
IMO if they are truly sorry we can work it out, if they get attitude then all bets are off

·
Registered
936 Posts
Sucks man. Could be an oppurtunity to change/upgrade some things.
+1, sorry to hear, Jack. Hope things work out for you...post pics if you do decide to get crazy with the...repairs. ;)

·
Registered
335 Posts
That sucks Jack, but glad no one was hurt, good thing you kept your temper, not sure I could've been so kind.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Seems like no matter how far out in the boonies you park, some bonehead caver finds a way to ding up your ride. Hope their insurance takes care of it.

Isn't that the truth. That is why I don't like taking my bike to any sort of retail stores. If I do I make sure to park in an end space with a curb on one side and park in deep and close to the curb.

Of course sometimes it doesn't matter where you park. Asshats will find you. This is how some moron parked when me and chromeyellow67 were out for a ride. Parked in an empty section of a convenience store. Tons of parking spaces all around and this one decides to park right here. Not close enough to hit but too close for comfort. Especially with the fact that there was a ton of parking available all around the store.

I was parked right next to him and you can see all of the space on the other side of me. Looked the same on the other side of him too.

It was like his yellow bike was a magnet for this guy to decide to park right there.

·
Super Moderator
2,899 Posts
You showed a whole lot more restraint than I would have been able to summon up, Jack. Congrats on that. Hopefully you can still continue your trip, albeit with a few scars.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts