Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out in Western PA yesterday and ran across the abandoned Ernest Cerini H-D dealership in Donora, PA. It was in business from 1925 until it was shut down in 2009. It is still full of NOS items and it looked like nobody had been in there in years. This is what the Motor Company used to be about. Not any more.

Attachments

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More pictures

Attachments

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not too many changes either since this was taken

Attachments

·
Registered
460 Posts

·
Registered
6,770 Posts
I wonder if it is still owned by the Cerini Family.
I'd love to retire and open a Harley Shop just like that.
Gonna hafta plan a trip to Donora, PA to check it out.
Mike U.

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
That is really cool. It reminds me of an auto parts/machine shop I was in last year. Although not that old. But walking through the front door was like a time warp.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Somebody's watering that plant in the window.
Who ever owns it prolly has visions of doing something else with it. I saw some airplane kits in one of the photos. Probably just can't quite let go of the Harley stuff yet. Or it's one that the MoCo shuttered for not building a new facility. I understand that some of those law suits are yet to be resolved.

·
Registered
38 Posts
That's really sad to see! It would be a really cool place to go for a road trip.

·
Registered
515 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
According to the county assessor, the property is still owned by the Cerini family.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Really cool. Thanks for posting up those pics. Would be a great place to be allowed into for a look around at what's all really in there.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I live in western PA and went to Cerinis several times. Ernest went by the nickname Babe. One time I tried to buy the HD bi-wing airplane model they had on display but very quickly his wife, who was always behind the counter, let me know it was NOT for sale. She was the boss and Babe knew it.

As I recall, they built and moved into a new building closer to the main highway. The son was running the business but went out of business within a couple years of the move.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts