Road Glide banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sold an Ultra Classic and a Street Glide and bought a '15 rgs. We do a fair amount of traveling on the bike so I wanted an Ultra-esq setup with the convenience of being able to sleek it down for day to day, around town riding. Think it came out pretty well.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Which pipes did you go with? Are you happy with the sound/performance? I'm looking to upgrade and get a little more "Harley sound", with some boost in performance, but not too loud that I can't hear my stereo. Thanks in advance for any feedback, and GREAT LOOKING RGS!

·
Gone But Not Forgotten
3,967 Posts
....... that was not an inexpensive conversion, was it ?
.... is there a physical module that needs to be added to the infotainment system to get rear speakers ?
........ did you add an intercom ?
... looks great ! ...... is that hand on the luggage rack detachable ?

.....I wanted an Ultra-esq setup with the convenience of being able to sleek it down

·
Registered
329 Posts
I sold an Ultra Classic and a Street Glide and bought a '15 rgs. We do a fair amount of traveling on the bike so I wanted an Ultra-esq setup with the convenience of being able to sleek it down for day to day, around town riding. Think it came out pretty well.

I likee....I likee very much!

·
Premium Member
6,810 Posts

Like It
Like It A Lot.
My next mods will be this same setup for my better half and long trips
Thanks for posting a picture.
Could I ask for more.
Thanks
Swomack

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Which pipes did you go with? Are you happy with the sound/performance? I'm looking to upgrade and get a little more "Harley sound", with some boost in performance, but not too loud that I can't hear my stereo. Thanks in advance for any feedback, and GREAT LOOKING RGS!
I went with the V&H Power Duals and V&H H/O Slip ons, stage 1 with a tuner. I love the sound, real deep and not obnoxious. I couldn't hear the radio riding home for the first time so I ended up putting in an amp.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
....... that was not an inexpensive conversion, was it ?
.... is there a physical module that needs to be added to the infotainment system to get rear speakers ?
........ did you add an intercom ?
... looks great ! ...... is that hand on the luggage rack detachable ?
When I bought the bike I knew what I wanted to do to it. I took the price of a new ultra against the price of the rgs...added up all of the stuff I needed and I came out a bit below the ultra.

I went with the HogTunes 4 channel amp because it was plug and play and didn't require a reflash for the stereo, and got the HD speaker pods. Everything was plug and play though I did have to take the harness that came with the pods and the harness that came with the amp and create a single harness that would work to connect the rear speakers.

Yes, grand daughters hand and it it is detachable, tour pak not hand :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.