Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got some????? About swapping out cranks. I have a '06 88A and I'm lookin at swapin out the crank with on from a 07-newer 96A. I'm goin to use some SE 110 heads and jugs from Revelation Performance to make a 124. What all do I need to change out to run the 07-new crank?

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
I don't know if a crank from a 96" will work in a 88" bike or not, but your going to need to send the bottom end out to have everything done anyway if your going to bump up to a 124". With a 124" you will need to bore the cases, and have the crank done up to handle that kind of horsepower and torque, and the vast majority of people do not have the equiment or know how to do what will need to be done. Darkhorse, Drago's, or Hillside would be my recommendation the latter 2 being forum sponsors here.

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
I got some????? About swapping out cranks. I have a '06 88A and I'm lookin at swapin out the crank with on from a 07-newer 96A. I'm goin to use some SE 110 heads and jugs from Revelation Performance to make a 124. What all do I need to change out to run the 07-new crank?
Off the top of my head, I think in order to get to 124" you need a longer stroke crank than a 96" motor had in it. AND, if I was building anything that required a longer crank I sure wouldn't be using OEM wheels or rods. If you're gonna do it, do it $$right$$.

·
Registered
490 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
a 96" stroke is 4.375",a 124" will need a 4.625".you will also need all late primary parts too as the 88" compensator is different (as is the whole spkt shaft on the later f/wheels)why not just get a S&S 4.625 F/W set (for a 99-06 motor) & S&S 4.125 cylinder/piston kit?? we do alot of 124" motors and the way your thinking isnt the best way to go about it (cases will need to be machined also no matter what way you go)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm using Revelation Performance jugs that are 4.250 on the bore so the 4.375 stroke will make 124ci. As for the S&S crank it's not welded. I'm gonna have the crank trued welded and balanced with H-beam rods so it will make for a stronger unit then a S&S unit. I just wasn't sure about the primary parts.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Your gonna have to do some math to figure your primary drive ratio. The 07 and newer flywheel assemblies use a different engine sprocket both for shaft fitment and # teeth and # of teeth for the clutch sprocket . Your 88" stock primary ratio is 1.54 for the 5 speed trans compared to the newer Harley primary ratio which is 1.35 with the 6 speed

Down at the bottom they have the charts with the ratios for both 5 speed engines and 6 speed engines

http://www.hotbikeweb.com/tech/0904_hbkp_motorcycle_vtwin_drivetrain/viewall.html

1 - 9 of 9 Posts