Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to pull the trigger on cams. I know I am going to have to get new bearings, seals, and, adjustable pushrods. I have almost 30K miles. Should I also buy new lifters and tensioner? I dont' want to have to get everything put back together and find out i need to get back inside to replace some more stuff.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Administrator
10,506 Posts
probably not on the tensioner , but it's an opportunity to upgrade the lifters to some better items , and you are already there , so go for it

JtB

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
JtB can you suggest lifters? I am not edumakated on lifters for the bike... Roller, non roller, hydraulic, solid... Like on cars... I remember putting rollers and roller rockers on my first MoPar

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
What year bike? I myself would replace or upgrade the cam plate and tensioners if it was a pre 07

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
I agree with torqu. Definitely replace the cam plate and tensioners while you're in thereIt's cheap insurance. As far as lifters I'd be replacing them as we'll as there are known issues on some of these bikes (mostly the 110). Good luck.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

P

·
0 Posts
if its 99-06,go with geardrive cams.if its got the "B" lifters in it,no need to change them (BTW,HD has ran roller lifters just about forever,never had flat tappets like automotive units)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts