Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my way into work today I noticed my ABS light was on. While I was stopped at a traffic light, I turned the motor off and restarted it. Same thing, the light will not go off.

My FLTRX is only a couple of weeks old and I just turned 500 miles on it yesterday. I assume it needs to go back to the dealer; is this correct?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Run your hand up the cable coming from your front brakes up under the fairing. There's a plug in that's area and it may have just unplugeed itself. Happened to me also.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Run your hand up the cable coming from your front brakes up under the fairing. There's a plug in that's area and it may have just unplugeed itself. Happened to me also.

I checked "under the hood" and the cable appears to be securely plugged in. Thanks anyway for the tip Don.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I took my bike to the dealership yesterday during lunch and they still have it. The bike's only 2 weeks old and it spent its first night away from home. :eek:

I'm just wondering if I'm going to pay a huge labor charge since I didn't purchase the additional insurance on the bike. That would truly suck.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
I was pretty sure parts would be covered, but I wasn't sure about labor. Had I known this, I could have slept better last night.

How long is the warranty for parts and labor on a new bike? I would guess there's a longer warranty on parts.
Anything that is mechanically wrong with the bike is covered under warranty. You don't pay for parts or labor on warranty work. I'm not sure how long the warranty is. It's either 1 or 2 years.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts