Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I brought my 2011 ultra in for the brake fluid change and my ABS unit was no good. They said that it would have to be replaced at my cost. I wasn't happy about that, but I told them to do it. Well it has been over a week and it still isn't fixed. Harley Davidson of Naples Florida told me they couldn't get the part. When I called on Thursday to find out about my bike, the service department wasn't taking any calls because they are closed on Wednesday. I called Milwaukee to find out why I had to pay and why was the part not available. They sent me a bunch of forms to fill out for reimbursement, but I still don't have the bike. They called Naples Harley and told me that my bike would be repaired yesterday (Thursday). I am planning on taking the bike to Daytona and leaving Sunday. I guess I will find out when I call today if that is going to happen. It's no wonder why no one wants to take their bike to Harley for service. I am not happy with Naples Fl Harley Davidson. They will never see me there again for anything. Sorry for the rant, but I am not a happy camper.

·
Registered
300 Posts
With the problems associated with the ABS that have led to the recall, I was real surprised to read they wanted you to pay. A bunch of these dealerships just have a mission to phuck their customer anyway they can ......

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Well, I brought my 2011 ultra in for the brake fluid change and my ABS unit was no good. They said that it would have to be replaced at my cost. I wasn't happy about that, but I told them to do it. Well it has been over a week and it still isn't fixed. Harley Davidson of Naples Florida told me they couldn't get the part. When I called on Thursday to find out about my bike, the service department wasn't taking any calls because they are closed on Wednesday. I called Milwaukee to find out why I had to pay and why was the part not available. They sent me a bunch of forms to fill out for reimbursement, but I still don't have the bike. They called Naples Harley and told me that my bike would be repaired yesterday (Thursday). I am planning on taking the bike to Daytona and leaving Sunday. I guess I will find out when I call today if that is going to happen. It's no wonder why no one wants to take their bike to Harley for service. I am not happy with Naples Fl Harley Davidson. They will never see me there again for anything. Sorry for the rant, but I am not a happy camper.

I brought my 2009 CVO in last week for the recall at my local Dealer here in Jacksonville FL, after an hour an 1/2 the service mgr came back an said my primary gasket was weeping and as long as they were in there it would be good time to replace my compensator given the age of the bike. I declined and told him that I had just had the compensator replaced under warranty with the latest compensator (2016). I asked if it was making & he said no & asked if I was sure. He came back in a few a minutes and said he couldn’t find any record of the work or that I had a warranty. Told him warranty was thru discount esp & work was done by my Indy. I remember now why I don’t use the dealer. Hope yours gets done in time & they make it right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,870 Posts

Seems about right to me.

Your ABS failing is not really they issue. That it was bad and you hadn't noticed is an issue. There should have been a code, and ABS lamp indication, hard lever or something. Just another shortcoming in the system.

Them not having the part on the shelf is to be expected, and its 4-5 days to get parts from the MoCo. No overnights or expedited shipping except when a factory rep orders the parts.

And pay up front, get reimbursed later is how it's set up on this campaign. Fill the forms out, and provide proof of proper service, then they'll refund your money.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Seems about right to me.

Your ABS failing is not really they issue. That it was bad and you hadn't noticed is an issue. There should have been a code, and ABS lamp indication, hard lever or something. Just another shortcoming in the system.

Them not having the part on the shelf is to be expected, and its 4-5 days to get parts from the MoCo. No overnights or expedited shipping except when a factory rep orders the parts.

And pay up front, get reimbursed later is how it's set up on this campaign. Fill the forms out, and provide proof of proper service, then they'll refund your money.
I did know the ABS unit was bad (hard Brake) and contacted the mother ship for the reimbursement papers. The charged 2.5 hours labor, $780 total for repair. Got the bike back Friday and off to Daytona on Sunday.

·
Registered
8,199 Posts
Seems about right to me.

That's more than fair on a out of warranty bike.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Glad you got the bike back, hopefully the MOCO sends the check quickly.
.....All the ABS B.S. is reason #3 I’m glad I bought a standard instead of a special (yeah, I know- new system used in 2012, but who knows if/when will they start sh!tt!ng the bed). Guess I should start looking for a good indy shop before the warranty expires.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts