Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2016 Roadglide with the stock Air Suspension...Is there an "acceptable" leakdown rate? Down about 5 psi or so, but it's been a while (2 months?) since I checked it. I'm not terribly worried, just wondering if there's any information out there. Also, are there any known failure points in the air ride system I should be looking at?

·
Registered
964 Posts
Mine would change with the weather. Had the stock ones for 60,000 miles. Put the supershox ones on and they made a world of difference in the ride and no more air. Sold the air pump lol.

04 Road Glide

·
Registered
66 Posts
I've think the old air shocks are more comfortable than the new stock rear suspension.
I had an 07 and thought the same, should I check it, ok...leakage, going 2up, look at the chart, adjust - then re-adjust again. I went with Progressive's on the 07 and it was a huge upgrade.
I just did Ohlins on my 18 and it's like night and day.
To answer your question, I saw fluctuation between air temps, but no leakage to say I have a problem.

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
I had some larger than I thought acceptable and the warranty tech recut all the ends square and rechecked for leaks. They stated it happens some of the time. Now I'll lose about what you're rate is, but seems dependent on usage? maybe?

I've soaped the lines and found no leaks.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
My '16 was fixed under warranty and had no issues after that. I would continually adjust the air for different loads so never let it go long enough to say there was a slow change.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Had them on my 15 RG. Upgraded to Ohlins front & rear. Best money spent. Bike handles & performs like a completely different bike. Braking is greatly improved! For safety reasons alone I recommend getting rid of the stock air suspension. I was sick & tired of the inconsistent ride due to bleed down, that is why I upgraded. Only regret is I should have done it when I bought the bike in 15.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts