Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stock 04 RG. Dash lights, gauges and diagnostic computer on this circuit. Can't find an easy short, any ideas on where I can find the issue? I have it tore apart and the season is getting short fast.
I've changed the dash bulbs as I had one burnt out. I have no other mods on this circuit or at all electrically.

Chuck

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
Did you have the fairing off? Might have pinched a wire reinstalling it.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
A couple of things that have led to blown fuses on my bike: front turn signal wires crimped between the inner and outer fairing, a short caused by a broken run/brake/turn signal adapter under the seat. Good luck.

·
Registered
6,650 Posts
A couple of things that have led to blown fuses on my bike: front turn signal wires crimped between the inner and outer fairing, a short caused by a broken run/brake/turn signal adapter under the seat. Good luck.

I don't believe those items are on the ACC fuse but check them anyway.
Does the fuse blow right away or after some service time?? If the fuse blows right away take the outer fairing off and check the cig lighter and cig lighter wires first, it could be as simple as a short in the cig lighter.
If it isn't in the cig lighter then unplug the harness that goes to the speedo/tach and if that isn't the problem try pulling one bulb at a time out of the dash lights. Take a test meter and check the wires for continuity too.
The ECM could be bad too but test everything else first chances are there is a direct short causing the fuse to blow.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I found it. Yellow wire in harness that comes out into the outer fairing in the neck. The new daymakers left no room for the wires and chaffed it on one of the front bracket bolts. I am hoping this is it. It is the only short I can find lol. So far.

Chuck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts