Road Glide banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is in the right section but here it goes anyhow. I have seen guys with ape hangers and they have a long braided rope I think hanging off the lever with a lock on one end. Does anyone know what and where I can get one? I like it but no idea what they are called so I cant even google a pic. Thank you

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Just a hint - if you elect to get one, do not select a two-color combination that matches a motorcycle club's "colors". That can often be interpreted as disrespect for that club... not a smart thing to do.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Just a hint - if you elect to get one, do not select a two-color combination that matches a motorcycle club's "colors". That can often be interpreted as disrespect for that club... not a smart thing to do.

that would probably eliminate every possible color out there.:D

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
that would probably eliminate every possible color out there.:D
:) Yep, you're probably right and who even knows all of the M/Cs out there :confused:.

If I decided to ride with a get-back, I'd either go with all black braid or at least check into members of all the local Confederations of Clubs 1st and NOT display it out-of-state.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Get it in matching or contrasting colors to your bike so it is obvious why you have those colors. I have one and I got it in orange and brown (I don't think I have seen an MC in those colors).

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Get it in matching or contrasting colors to your bike so it is obvious why you have those colors. I have one and I got it in orange and brown (I don't think I have seen an MC in those colors).
I think you're right. That color-match seems like a good idea and indeed, maybe any solid color would be okay too.

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
True, a get back can be a liability, not much purpose nor real use, match bike is alright or a garage hanger. Perception, perception

·
Registered
119 Posts
Measure

With bike on the side stand, measure from ground to tip of clutch lever. Subtract 3-5 inches. When you park, don't want the get-bac on the ground or close enough bugs crawl up it. Ants crawling up your arm at speed=not good.

Unless you are in a MC/RC get solid color match or black. Tutone with black might be invite to whip fight.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts