Road Glide banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI
As a newby to this I really need some help. I have just swapped my Softail for a 2015 RGS and want to put some accessories on. AS HD in their infinite wisdom have changed from rocker switches to push button switches I purchased the accessory switch wiring harness kit 71400105 only to find that that the kit includes only the accessory switches (2 number ) and NOT the fog light switch as shown in the parts book. I queried it with my local dealership and it is correct.
Does anyone know if you can buy the fog light switch separately and will it fit in the 3 button housing as there is a blank port with dummy switch fitted on the assembly. Will I need any extra wiring to fit this.

Any help would be extremely appreciated as I don't want to strip all the housing etc twice.
Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
5,405 Posts
I did the same as you this past winter. I just put my driving lights on the button on the right of those two that are on there. I believe that in is the circuit with the relay at the other end.

·
Registered
269 Posts
You absolutely can. I'm almost positive that the part # is 71400034. That is the illuminated switch. There is also a non-illuminated switch but I don't know that part #. I would order from board member PCPaiN at Horny Toad H-D. That's where I got mine. He'll take good care of you.

Here's where I mounted mine. A word of caution...if you are using the HD Daymaker fogs they won't plug up. You'll have to splice it into your Aux harness.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts