Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I would introduce my self... And I apologize for the long winded intro... I've been riding motorcycles for over 40 years... I've owned and ridden most major brands and a few not so major brands. If I had to classify my style, I'd say I've been a Sports-Tourer. Unfortunately I really never expected to reach 60+ years of age and I'm now paying for that philosophy. I'm currently recovering from surgery on my L3-L5 and will have to go back in to have my right shoulder rebuilt. In recent years the one thing that helped me keep my sanity was having a bike sitting in the garage. Even if I couldn't ride it at times! Over the years I have let go of most preconceived attitudes about the different brands... Except for H-D. Whatever the reason may have been, I disliked H-D.

Well here we are early 2015 and I'm mending from the last surgery and I'm already feeling better than I was prior to the injury that required the surgery! So I waddle out to the garage and attempt to throw a leg over my current ride (2008 Kawasaki Concours C14 ABS). Too bad I don't have an overhead hoist! After 20 minutes of McGivering I managed to get on the bike. And I'm not comfortable... Again!

Part of my P-T is to get out and walk a lot... So off to the local H-D dealer. All of my most recent rides have had full fairings and I refuse to consider any bike that doesn't have a frame mounted fairing. Tha pretty much limited me to the Road Glide. I advised the sale guy that I had no intent to buy immediately and was just looking to see what options were available to my particular circumstances. Walked over to a R-G and with minimal effort was able to get on the bike! Ryan the propped the bike up and told me to assume my normal riding position. OMG!!! Everything was where it was supposed to be. The stock riding position was nearly perfect with no (and I mean NO) strain to all my injured body parts... My preconceived notions are slowly being chipped away. We then started going through the all the options of the R-G and the Special... Cruise Control... Check! Large infotainment system with GPS... Check! One touch latches. Check! Security system. Check! Hand adjustable rear shocks. Check! And linked ABS!!! Check! Not to mention all the other Rushmore upgrades. There is no arguing about the fit and finish. The Superior Blue really flipped my switch. The dealership was offering 110% of NADA for trade-in and that was the icing on the cake. So, I'm now the owner of a 2015 Road Glide Special. The bike should be delivered later this week and they will pickup the Connie at the same time. I'm targeting mid to late May before I can actually ride the bike other than short trips around the block.

So that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Missouri. Hope everything works out and you are riding shortly.

·
Registered
2011 RGU
2,450 Posts
Welcome and congratulations!!! My neighbor with 50+ years on Hondaa was very anti-HD until I brought home my shark. Not enough to get him to buy, but he agrees the quality, ride and functionality are awesome.

·
Registered
8,375 Posts
Welcome and congrats on your bike. I hope time goes by quickly and you are out riding and enjoying.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Welcome from West Tennessee..........Congrats on the new bike!

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
WOW! a 110% discount?!? What dealer and where is he at? So you made about $2300.00 on the deal? Sweeeeet! wished my dealer would have paid me to ride one off the floor! All kidding aside, Welcome to the tank. Hope you can take a joke and hate money so much you just throw it away, 'cause scrolling through this forum will give you more ways than you can think of to get rid of it!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.