Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody using the Accutronix forward controls on a Road Glide? I'm buying the 2017 and I need to stretch my legs a lot (6'-8").

Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BTW, I forgot to introduce myself....My name is Luis from Virginia Beach. I used to ride a Honda VTX1800C, which I still have but I think is time for a change. So I decided to get the Road Glide 2017 Stage 1. My only problem is that I'm 6'-8" 335 pounds with 18" shoe size and the floorboards are a little bit of a nightmare for me. Plus I look like a gorilla riding an scooter. Any ideas will be appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Take a look at Cyclesmith's XL banana boards and just get the accutronix heal toe shifter. I have no concept of what a size 18 looks like but my size 10 have plenty of room to spare. I also use the spacers to move the boards out about an inch. If your not running lowers I think you can get spacers to move the boards out and forward.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Welcome from NJ. I'm running https://www.tallboyscycles.com/ extension brackets with softbrake extended brake pedal & Walters workshops extended shifter so you have full use of floorboards. Also have highway peg located low so I can ride with heel on floorboards & toe on peg. Accutronix does makes nice quality stuff, had them on my chopper

1 - 6 of 6 Posts