Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, this isn't a Road Glide trip, but it will be the trip of my lifetime to date.

I'm heading out from Texas on May 31st to Oz for my Outback East-to-West trip with Magnus and his Outback Adventure Treks crew. I'm pretty sure I'll be the lone Texan in a crowd of five Kiwis and six Aussies.

I've set up a blog page which will include live map plotting with 2-minute updates and inbound/outbound messaging. The blog can be found at www.WizardofAUS.net. I've been updating it for several months as I have been supplying, preparing, and conditioning for the trip, but the original entry can be found here. Although I've logged tens of thousands of miles since, his is my first adventure trip since my Arctic Circle ride in 2011.

Anyone interested in receiving email and/or text map updates from the trail from my satellite messenger can get on my distribution list by following the instructions here. If you specify a text, please indicate your country.

I realize there are a lot of links here, but the blog is not monetized in any way and I will neither spam you nor distribute your contact information. I will send a confirmation email when I get your add request and a test message or two prior to my departure.

If you happen to be going on this trip or have gone on one like it previously, I would love to hear from you and gain insight from your experience.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Good Luck, it does sound like a trip of a lifetime.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Wow just read your blog, glad you walked away with minimal injuries. What is the word on Hester?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow just read your blog, glad you walked away with minimal injuries. What is the word on Hester?
She'll fix and I'm doing the work myself. Ready to send body parts out to paint.

I installed monotubes and chrome lowers and will upgrade the inner fairing.

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
One Week Out!

I'm heading out in a week and had several responses on the message distribution list.

Anyone interested in receiving email and/or text map updates from the trail from my satellite messenger can get on my distribution list by following the instructions here. If you specify a text, please indicate your country.

See you guys at Shark Week in Canmore!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts