Road Glide banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up there sharks ! I'm looking to get some feed back from riders that have an action camera on their bike ie; gopro, sony, or the Drift Ghost HD. I'm trying to find a good mounting solution without making a huge project of this huge device sticking up above the bars. I'm also not interested in the suction. Up mounts either. Post what you can of your ideas and how you came about with your mount. Thanks again.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've not found a good mount on the bike itself however I've read other posts from folks who have used HogTag and claim good results.

I personally have a GoPro mount on the bill of my helmet. Since the bill is black it's not that noticeable when the camera isn't on it. Yes it does look fairly dorky with the camera attached but I've taken some great video. Even looking into turns and such isn't that distracting and really gives a rider's POV.

Good luck!

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
2,338 Posts
I've not found a good mount on the bike itself however I've read other posts from folks who have used HogTag and claim good results.

I personally have a GoPro mount on the bill of my helmet. Since the bill is black it's not that noticeable when the camera isn't on it. Yes it does look fairly dorky with the camera attached but I've taken some great video. Even looking into turns and such isn't that distracting and really gives a rider's POV.

Good luck!

Here's some HogTagCollar video

·
Registered
8,832 Posts

Good luck!
I was about to say ,mount it anywhere, except on your helmet. . You'll look like a dork. :wink:

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I saw the mount that goes on the cowbell and if I didn't just have my cowbells Pau t matched to my bike I would've done it . Now I have to figure out if I have them covered in 3m invisible bra like material and mount it anyways. I like where it mounts down there but paint vs mount.....paint wins. My camera with that mount pair up well since the Ghost HD has an adjustable lens. We'll see. I appreciate all the help and info from you sharks !

·
Registered
7,261 Posts
I use a Contour Roam camera that has a rotatable lens which let's me mount the camera upside-down or horizontally. I use a metal clamp I get from work which has a rubberized coating that I mount to my 1 1/4 handle bars. I use a simple wing bolt that threads into the camera through the clamp. I position the clamp and camera where I want it and tighten the wing bolt. When I'm done with it I unscrew it, remove it from the bars then screw everything back together just to keep everything together and throw it in my saddlebag. Easy peasey and didn't cost me a dime for the clamp

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I made a GoPro mount for my cowbell on the left front fork... works GREAT!! I made this for my 14SGS, but will work on just about anything...

FYI.. the SS backplate is foam-backed and this was the initial install. I did get rubber hose clamp sleeves to protect the surface. This is the way I would go for painted/powdercoated cowbells

Here is the video I shot in medium view ( not wide angle ) at 48FPS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tdw2NuFPTco

Now the only drawback is you don't get YOUR VIEW of the road, so you lose some perspective as to what you see over what you are videoing due to being much lower. Fairing mount vibrates too much unless above 3000 rpms from my trials.... bars shake even worse. Helmet gives you POV the best.

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The mounts and ideas you guys have shown are pretty ingenious. Thank you for sharing. I'm going to see what I create with this info. The cow bell is probably not going to work because of orientation of the camera......it will either get struck on rebound of the fender or on turning get waked by the lower fairing. I'm not giving up I'm sticking this thing one way or another on my shark ! Keep you guys posted.

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
2,338 Posts
I got a great mount to the crash bar but hate not having the camera within my reach. It would really help to be able to power off or on. Thinking about a windshield suction cup.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

If it's a GoPro, just get the WiFi remote.

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah that's what I liked about my drift ghost hd it came with a remote and strap that go on my brake reservior.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts