Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
21 - 40 of 531 Posts
G

·
USN Retired.

1983-2007. USS Barbour County, USS Casimir Pulaski Gold, USS George Bancroft Blue, CSG 7, USS Tunny, USS Iwo Jima and CNFK.

Wouldn't trade the experience for anything!

Still serving as a DoD Civilian. :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
For all Marines (and anyone else who might care)

This is for all "Road Glide" Marines who have seen the movie Full Metal Jacket. I went through Boot camp in 1966 and the actor who played Gunnery Sgt. Hartman in the movie, R. Lee Ermey, was actually one of my DI's; although he was only an E5 sergeant then. I wrote an essay about him and Boot Camp, for a writing class I took after I retired, and I will send it to any Marine (or anyone else for that matter) who would like to read it. If you went through boot camp in the 60's or early 70's it should bring back some memories. I graduated honor man and since my picture and his are both on the same page in the recruit annual, the essay also includes that picture. If you would like to read it, just send me a personal message with your e mail address and I will forward a copy to you. Semper Fi.

·
Registered
1 Posts
U.S. Navy Submarine Force 1976 - 1982. Wouldn't trade a thing for that experience!!

"Old School" Biker... Newbie to the RG Forum.

·
Registered
74 Posts
USAF 1984-1988 Civil Engineering High Voltage Electrician.

G

·
This is for all "Road Glide" Marines who have seen the movie Full Metal Jacket. I went through Boot camp in 1966 and the actor who played Gunnery Sgt. Hartman in the movie, R. Lee Ermey, was actually one of my DI's; although he was only an E5 sergeant then. I wrote an essay about him and Boot Camp, for a writing class I took after I retired, and I will send it to any Marine (or anyone else for that matter) who would like to read it. If you went through boot camp in the 60's or early 70's it should bring back some memories. I graduated honor man and since my picture and his are both on the same page in the recruit annual, the essay also includes that picture. If you would like to read it, just send me a personal message with your e mail address and I will forward a copy to you. Semper Fi.
I got to meet him once, When we were over in the Gulf he came out to our ship the USS Carl Vinson Aircraft Carrier. Hes pretty high strung in person! Great guy who really cares for the troops!

·
Registered
45 Posts
New Guy (FNG)

Have been reading the threads for a couple of weeks now, rode a '10 RG recently and fell in love with it. Will be getting one in May. I have a 93 VMax and really enjoy it, but the wife doesn't, hince the new RG. Will post pics as soon as I have it in the garage.

USAF MSgt (Ret) 1987-2003, F-16 CrewChief

G

·
New to site and new Road Glide

Thanks for having me on your site. I have an 09 orange and black glide with a lot of black accessories. I have been riding for about 30 years, just changed from a softail deluxe to a RG. I do love the RG and I'm currently going through the typical buffeting stage deciding which shield to buy. I retired from the AF in 2005 and currently work at the VA. I will post a picture when I figure out how on the forum. :D Look forward to hearing all the RG knowledge and wisdom out there.

·
Registered
37 Posts
US Navy 1981-1986 Boiler Technician 3rd Class Petty Officer

USS Coronado Persian Gulf 82-83
USS Lexington P-Cola 83-86

·
Administrator
11,414 Posts
jeesh I was in the Gulf 82-83 as well ..
Stump DD978

shore duty at the brig , nasp , bldg 710 right down the street from the lex , there from 79-81

·
Registered
58 Posts
MSgt, USAF Ret., 82-04.

Wouldn't have missed it for the world!

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
SKCS(SW) Retired. 1982 - 2005. I am surprised we some of us haven't met before, being in the Gulf and all. Just kidding guys, it's a small world though ain't it?

·
Administrator
11,414 Posts
SKCS(SW) Retired. 1982 - 2005. I am surprised we some of us haven't met before, being in the Gulf and all. Just kidding guys, it's a small world though ain't it?
we prolly have , just didnt know it where were you at ??

21 - 40 of 531 Posts