Road Glide banner

461 - 480 of 489 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
US Army active duty 88-93, AF Reserve 94-96, Army Reserve 96-98, WA National Guard 98-00. Current GS working for the US Navy.

·
Registered
80 Posts
US Navy Nuke 1977-85

I served as a Reactor Operator (NEC 3383 / 3393) aboard USS Long Beach (CGN-9), USS Carl Vinson (CVN-70) and USS Enterprise (CVN-65).

·
Registered
276 Posts
I used to read Sgt. Rick comic books.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Sorry, I meant to say Sgt. Rock, Sgt. Rick sounds a little gay. Not saying there is anything wrong with that.
I put that in there just in case I get trolled by a gay liberal, gender fluid, or something like that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
US NAVY 90-99 STS2 (SS). Are there any other submarine Vets here? USS Boise SSN-764 Plankowner, L.Y. Spear AS-36 Decom crew, FASOTRAGRULANT Norfolk.

·
Registered
58 Posts
USMC 2531 from 80 to 84
tried to go back Marine reserve after 9/11
Ended up as a Seabee reservist from 2002 to present
CM1 (SCW/EXW)
retiring this year hopefully!

·
Super Moderator
9,742 Posts
US NAVY 90-99 STS2 (SS). Are there any other submarine Vets here? USS Boise SSN-764 Plankowner, L.Y. Spear AS-36 Decom crew, FASOTRAGRULANT Norfolk.
long story , but I started out as a Bubblehead , went to TM school in Orlando , then sub school in Groton , first time through the escape tank with the Steinke hood , diver snatched me ten feet from the top , next two times in the pressure chamber blew my ear drums , graduated in the meanwhile and then Doc sent me packing to the surface fleet . Only so much skating a surface TM can do , so after a year on my first ship , they let me convert to GMG ... Had orders to Charleston Mendel Rivers SSN686 ..

·
Registered
28 Posts
long story , but I started out as a Bubblehead , went to TM school in Orlando , then sub school in Groton , first time through the escape tank with the Steinke hood , diver snatched me ten feet from the top , next two times in the pressure chamber blew my ear drums , graduated in the meanwhile and then Doc sent me packing to the surface fleet . Only so much skating a surface TM can do , so after a year on my first ship , they let me convert to GMG ... Had orders to Charleston Mendel Rivers SSN686 ..
The crazy part is when I went to Sub School in Groton they had stopped using the escape tank.

·
Super Moderator
9,742 Posts
The crazy part is when I went to Sub School in Groton they had stopped using the escape tank.
Yeah someone else told me that , and said they use a suit of some kind now , instead of the Steinke hood , I was there in 1974 , I enjoyed Groton , except everything was uphill , a buddy bought a tricked out Sportster from a chopper shop not far from the base and rode it home to Louisiana , had to be a fun trip there .. Thought he was sick for paying $1800 for it ...

·
Registered
3 Posts
US Army 89-96, 82nd ABN, Redstone Arsenal, Korea, 63S, 27T. WI National Guard 2007-present, 90A Logistics Officer

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm lurking about here, still wonking on acquiring a Sharknose (getting close to a deal though), but I'll toss my PC (patrol cap) in the ring:

NY Army National Guard, 1998-present, on active status since 2001 working Counterdrug and one tour in Iraq (OIF 08-10). I'm a 91X4O (Unit Maintenance Supervisor), and I'm hoping to pick up my third rocker before too long, but I have to do a new level of NCOPD (they conjured up "Master Leader Course" prior to promotion to MSG/1SG now)...and I haven't written an APA Paper since 1989!!

461 - 480 of 489 Posts