Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

501 - 520 of 531 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
New group avaialbe for discussion; Welcomes all those who are or have served our nation's military.

Love to hear from ya.

Huyah
USAF F-16 pilot from 1982 - 1990 - Cold War era
1984 - 1987 Nellis AFB
1987 - 1990 Torrejon AB (Spain) and Incirlik AB (Turkey)

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
We ate some of the same dirt.
Thanks for your service.

Yes sir I was at Nellis 83 - 87 474th. May have put some finger prints on your jet.

Torrejon was a blast 80 - 82. F-4's. Went TDY to Incirlik while there

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yes sir I was at Nellis 83 - 87 474th. May have put some finger prints on your jet.

Torrejon was a blast 80 - 82. F-4's. Went TDY to Incirlik while there
Cool!
I was in the 429 TFS in the 474th at Nellis.
At TJ I was in the 612th TFS and spent quite a bit of time on Victor Alert at "the Lik."
Again, I appreciate your service. If you did maintenance on 429th jets, I guarantee we touched the same jets.

·
Administrator
11,144 Posts
USN ‘90-‘95
MM2
USS Knox
USS Roanoke
Knox arrgghh , was on Connole 1056 1974-76 , first ship , worst ship , hated those things , was Knox decommed or sent elsewhere ?? Connole ended up in the Greek Navy , gone now , don't remember what they did with her ...

JtB

·
Administrator
11,144 Posts
Roanoke was AOR-7

Wichita class Oiler. #7 of a 6 vessel class. We had a mixed bag of goodies on deck.
Yeah I was a GMG , when I left my first shore duty station in Pensacola , rotating back to sea duty , my boss was going to an AO as WEPO and told me if I wanted to follow him to let him know .. Would a been too much like work for me ..

JtB

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Would a been too much like work for me ..

JtB
You are not wrong!!

I spent the last 42 months of service on that pig, and 36 months were out to sea...
We replenished everyone, every where...

I had the NEC 4295, that put me on deck with all the Replenishing At Sea Equipment. Sea going forklifts, elevators and winches.
Wow...I haven’t thought this much about that time in my life for a long time.
Ed

·
Registered
24 Posts
U.S. ARMY Retired 20+ Years active duty.
OIF Veteran.
Combat Veterans Motorcycle Association (CVMA) Full Member.
Won the lottery three times: Born in the USA, Married my wife, Retired from the Army. 😀

·
Registered
111 Posts
U.S. ARMY Retired 20+ Years active duty.
OIF Veteran.
Combat Veterans Motorcycle Association (CVMA) Full Member.
Won the lottery three times: Born in the USA, Married my wife, Retired from the Army. 😀
Frenchy, which chapter you with of CVMA. I am in Virginia 27-2 and love getting out to ride with fellow brothers/sisters.

Bill

·
Registered
24 Posts
I was stationed at Ft Sill. 471st Transportation Co. Deactivated in 93. I was also a CVMA member in AZ but it didn’t work out well for me. Too much drinking. 😕
I did basic at Sill, and it was my last duty station. Retirement here is not that bad at all. We have good brothers and Sisters at 10-3.

501 - 520 of 531 Posts