Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just swapped out the stock bars for the 12" grip height Bad Seed bars, with chromed out reservoirs, handles and controls. It's in the sweet spot now.

Attachments

Reactions: RGKen

·
Registered
119 Posts
Looks good brother. Iv been looking, but I think your pics have convinced me to run with the 12s. Sweet look. I'm 5'9, I'd like something just about straight off the shoulder, with hanging way over the fairing. Don't get me wrong, 16s look cool as hell, just too much for my riding style

If you don't mind me asking, How tall are you, and how high are they with you on the bike. I see lots of pics of bars, but rarely any with someone on the bike with arms up, difficult to judge :-/

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A few more

I'm 5'7", and the 12" grip height is right at shoulder level for me, but I had the seat modified by MCC to lower some before mounting the bars.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks - I do like the way it turned out.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had extensions in case they were needed, but no - no extensions of TBW or controls necessary for these. I can't say whether longer clutch and brake cables are needed, as I had gotten braided cables for those to go on at the same time and ordered them 2" longer than stock just in case. But since the others fit without extensions, I'm betting the clutch and brake cables will also. They are 12" grip height, but do go up to 14" before coming down for the grip. Many others on the board have reported (despite dealer claims otherwise) that extensions are not necessary for 12" bars.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
I am looking at bars for my 15 RGS now... I had 12" Yaffe's on my SGS but I think I need 14's.

Your setup looks killer! Nice job!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks. The more I ride with them the happier I am with the decision to go with these bars and height.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.