Road Glide banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So after going through the 31 pages of the "Add a Siren to your Factory Security for $6" from Dklanecky for posts on how to do it on older bikes I thought I'd start this one for those of us riding older glides. I did this on my 2006. The major difference is where the plug is for the alarm. On older models its under the right side cover of the bike, the brake lever side. Newer models its next to the fuse box under the left side cover I believe.

Step 1 - Remove brake side saddlebag and side cover
Step 2 - Remove these 2 screws shown in the first picture
Step 3 - Remove the two nuts in the 2nd picture. You'll find the alarm plug snapped into the back side of this plastic piece. You can see the clip circled in yellow.

Attachments

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Step 4 - On the back side of this plastic piece you'll see a plug snapped/clipped into it shown in this picture. The plug looks like this with 3 wires, black, green and brown. Remove this plug and remove cap.

Second picture shows plug without cap. Can't really see the color of the wires in the picture.

Attachments

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Step 6 - Drill 2 holes (or one big hole) through plug cap to allow for wires to slide through. I plan to seal these up with clear silicone as others have done. The pins will stick out of the cap once the pins are connected
Step 7 - Attach/Insert pins from buzzer wires into alarm plug. Attach RED (postive) wire to BROWN wire from plug. Attach BLACK (negative) wire to GREEN wire from plug. Again Red to Brown, Black to Green.

NOTE: The second picture is not the correct placement for the pins, they should be side by side. There should not be a wire between them, at least not on my bike. I just wanted to snap a quick picture.

Attachments

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I'll figure out where and how I'm going to attach the Radio Shack Buzzer. Might just drill a whole through the plastic piece that the plug is clipped into and screw it in. It is very loud when it goes off. When I arm the security system with my fob it gives two chirps. Disarm it gives a single chirp. Both synced with the turn signal flash. The chirp isn't loud and sounds kind of odd, like its not getting full power for the chirp. Doesn't really bother me though.

Radio Shack Buzzer: http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062405

Original Thread: http://www.roadglide.org/showthread.php?t=251

I hope this helps some people.

Attachments

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What problem are you having specifically? Its going off when the battery is reconnected? Or the chirp sounds weak?
Weak chirp? Haven't figured that out.
Siren going off once connected and not being able to shut it off? Yeah I'm an idiot and had the red wire from the buzzer going to black wire on bike instead of brown. To be fair, it was kind of hard to distinguish black from brown on dirty wires!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Also if you do this buzzer the same exact way as I did but on a different year please post it and I'll edit the first post so people know quickly. If there are any differences please post that as well and again I'll make a list of year and differences on the first post for quick reference.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
101 Posts
Thanks FireGuy88.

I'm working on an '08 RG. The problem I am having is that I get no chirp or alarm when I have it plugged in to the correct wires (Red -> Brown & Black -> Green). I also get the constant siren when I plug the red wire into the Black wire.

I've tested the Siren and it works great with a 12v source.

I got out the voltmeter and checked at the plug:
Green & Black = 12v
Green & Brown = ~1v (when the alarm should be activated)

I do see my flashers blink when engaged and when tripped, so, I know TSSM is at least engaging the lights and I can tell when the siren should at least be making some noise.

Guess I'll be tracing wires next... yeah!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Added 2 sirens

Did this Friday, works great, put right side on with Velcro in the space under the plastic cover right above where the plug sits, I only tinned the wires then filed them down a bit to fit the plug, drilled the cap as stated above, used Velcro to attach the left side to cruise control module.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts