Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a place I could send a vest to have a zipper added? This vest is pretty thick heavy leather and the only places I even been able to get to put patches on have been at rallys and such.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Does anyone know of a place I could send a vest to have a zipper added? This vest is pretty thick heavy leather and the only places I even been able to get to put patches on have been at rallys and such.
have you tried calling a shoe repair business?

·
Registered
125 Posts
You probably have tried this already, but... I go to a local tailor and they have put all my patches on my leather vest, no problem. My mother has some sort of high priced sewing machine and bought a leather needle and had done some for me on an older vest. It's possible, just gotta find a place that has the right equipment.

·
Registered
5,380 Posts
Got any people down there that have horses? If so, talk to them and find out where the tack shop is that does their harness and leather work when they need it. I did leather work and shoe repair for a while a long time ago and had access to all kinds of machines for work like that. Sounds like your local cobblers are just lazy.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got any people down there that have horses? If so, talk to them and find out where the tack shop is that does their harness and leather work when they need it. I did leather work and shoe repair for a while a long time ago and had access to all kinds of machines for work like that. Sounds like your local cobblers are just lazy.
Its funny you say that because Capt Itch said he uses sewing machines for making saddles and they are overkill for jackets/vests, and all the shoe repair guys around here say my vest is to heavy for their machines. Can't win either way.

·
Registered
5,380 Posts
Its funny you say that because Capt Itch said he uses sewing machines for making saddles and they are overkill for jackets/vests, and all the shoe repair guys around here say my vest is to heavy for their machines. Can't win either way.
Well that just sucks.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
214 Posts
I had to replace a zipper on my leather a few years ago. I took it to a shoe repair store, they replaced the zipper.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts