Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
to stop smoking. I had been reading all of the healthy living posts of late, and thought, damn there is NO reason for me to put down cigerettes. None. I had been giving myself an out, i.e., I will stop on the week-end, less stress. I need to pick up some E-cigs, those will help. Can't use the patch, they make me crawl out of my skin... etc...
So I put them down last night, and today is day one of being smoke free. I did pick up a starter kit for e-cigs, just to keep on hand for those moments when I want to choke a co-worker out... (just kidding). I wouldn't choke em. :D

I have too many positive things going on in my life to keep this up. Many of you will meet her at SWIII... :D

Rowdy

·
Super Moderator
1,776 Posts
Rowdy,

Congrats on both, quitting smoking and the new "love interest".

For some, not all, quitting smoking leads to a new habit that you will and should be mindful of, eating more. This happened to my mother-in-law and two friends of mine. They quit smoking and within 6 months had gained 20-30lbs.

In each case they replaced cigarettes with food in times of stress.

I didn't need to smoke first to do this, I skipped that step and went straight to eating in times of stress.

Just be aware of the possibility that it could happen. Good Luck, stay positive and ride when you can.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Welcome to day one.......
I went cold turkey in November and i don't have any interest in starting again.
After the first week i really didn't give it much thought anymore.
The difference from this time and the other times i quit (never lasted more than a month) was that i finally realized how much i had to lose......
Toss the lighters, ash trays, anything else that reminds you, lay low on the alcohol, keep busy for the next couple of weeks and you'll do fine......

See ya in Utah..........! Smoke free......!:cool:
Bill.

·
Super Moderator
5,851 Posts
Determination and a strong will will help tremendously. A cute girl will give ya that little extra push :D
Good on you for starting your smoke free journey. Frankie quit dipping at the first of the year and has been doing great.
YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

·
Super Moderator
9,692 Posts
I quit in 1982 before I made it to the goat locker , cold turkey .

You can do it Rowdy , ya just have ta wanna do it , you know that already tho' ..

You don't have all them idiots from the wardroom and goat locker breathing down yer azz any more

'side what babe in her right mind wants to smooch a cigarette :cool:

JtB

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Good luck Rowdy, look at the bright side, more money for future mods.

I believe this post puts me @ 1500 and Life Membership. I think this is a good thread for that.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Congrats Rowdy. It gets easier after the first week. You'll just need to distract yourself long enough to forget about it when you do get the urge. I quit6 years ago after smoking for 30. Chantix was the only thing that helped get me done with smoking. If you need some stress relief or word of encouragement give me a call. Maybe I'll take ride out your way.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts