Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone added speakers to the existing boom system without adding amps? I have a 2019 Special. My front speakers are stock and sound amazing. My wife can't hear them tho. I am adding Rockford Fosgate Power TMS69 6x9's 4 ohm speakers to the lids. I figured if I wired in the new speakers to the front speakers running in series I would be ok. It might rob my front speakers of power but shouldn't be too bad. Any thoughts? I read somewhere that the eq might be too high also and can ruin the new speakers. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am in the same boat, 22 Road Glide Special. Does the Rockford rear speaker cut in kit plug into the stock radio without an amp and without any wiring adaptors? It says it only works with the Rockford amp so a bit confusing.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes confusing. Im not adding amps, im keeping it as is, just adding rear speakers. So I did find the wiring harness from Saddle Tramp BC-9723 to add speakers to the lids. I bought some Rockford Fosgate Power tms69 6x9's. I can now connect the speakers but what I don't know is:
-If i connect the new speaker harness will there be a rear signal?
-Will the notorious "EQ Curve" i keep hearing so much about actually ruin my after market rear speakers?
I know a flash to flatten out the curve will remedy this; if its a thing; but will it rob my stock systems power?
If you forget all this and just wanted to replace the stock fairing speakers with after market speakers would it also be an issue??
If anyone can please chime in please.

I actually am very happy with the way my sound system sounds. I can hear it clearly at high speeds. The staging only allows me to hear it and not my wife, hence me wanting to add the rear speakers.
I appreciate any help. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
Plug them in and they will work. You just won’t have front to rear fade control. No different then a Limited with Tour Pak speakers which is what I have on my special.

·
Registered
651 Posts
I believe the boom speakers are 2ohm and the speakers you are mentioning are 4ohm. Also the boom output for the front speakers is one channel goes to the 6.5inch mid range speakers and the other channel is going to the 1" tweeter so the bypass filters are setup accordingly.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I believe the boom speakers are 2ohm and the speakers you are mentioning are 4ohm. Also the boom output for the front speakers is one channel goes to the 6.5inch mid range speakers and the other channel is going to the 1" tweeter so the bypass filters are setup accordingly.
Well the speakers are installed. Just need to install the harness. We'll see how it sounds!
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Hood Tread

1 - 11 of 11 Posts