Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is the proper forum but, I just installed saddle bag gaurds on my 2018 Road glide. Has anyone done this as well and did they reuse the seat stops that are bolted to the frame were the top part of the saddle bag gaurd goes?

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Not sure if this is the proper forum but, I just installed saddle bag gaurds on my 2018 Road glide. Has anyone done this as well and did they reuse the seat stops that are bolted to the frame were the top part of the saddle bag gaurd goes?
I installed guards. You do not reuse the seat stops.

·
Registered
279 Posts
No issues what so ever. I changed seat to LePera and still no issues. Also added saddle bag guard rails for a one off RG look.

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Does the seat move at all?
Those seat stops are added to bikes that don't come with saddlebag guards to keep the seat from moving.

My RGU and my Road King did not come with those seat stops. When I added the guards to my '18 special I put the seat stops in a bin to put back on the bike one day. I needed the guards for my water bottle holder. ;) Notice I put the bottle holder on the left side that rarely gets photographed since you always photograph a cruiser from the exhaust side. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Those seat stops are added to bikes that don't come with saddlebag guards to keep the seat from moving.

My RGU and my Road King did not come with those seat stops. When I added the guards to my '18 special I put the seat stops in a bin to put back on the bike one day. I needed the guards for my water bottle holder. ;) Notice I put the bottle holder on the left side that rarely gets photographed since you always photograph a cruiser from the exhaust side. :)
Don't mean to hijack the thread; but; twowheeladdict, was the attached pic taken in "downtown" Lynchburg? Just curious. :eek:

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Don't mean to hijack the thread; but; twowheeladdict, was the attached pic taken in "downtown" Lynchburg? Just curious. :eek:
That looks like Bell Buckle, TN. Home of the Moon Pie festival.

·
Registered
4,572 Posts

Addict, that is an awesome pic!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the replys. Nice looking bike two wheel, what kind of seat is that? How long have you had it?

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Thanks for all the replys. Nice looking bike two wheel, what kind of seat is that? How long have you had it?
It is the HD low tour solo with pillion and CVO passenger backrest. I have had the seat since fall of 2016. Used it on the RGU and the RK.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts