Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've thought about doing this for awhile and finally found a hard-to-beat deal on doing it.

This cat is selling the XM module (part # 76000233) on Ebay. I offered $200 and he accepted it.

XM sirius satellite radio module for a harley boom box 6.5 gt touch screen radio | eBay

New Castle H-D has that part for $271. You don't need to buy the $69 Harley XM antenna either. Any XM antenna for the portable radios will work if you happen to have a spare. You will need the FAKRA to SMB converter for these antennas. I got mine from Amazon for $9 to fit an exisiting antenna I had. If you have to buy one this one appears to have the correct FAKRA connector already for $14

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0009J6PYW/sr=1-7/qid=1501900877/ref=olp_product_details?_encoding=UTF8&me=&qid=1501900877&sr=1-7#Ask

I bought the antenna mounting bracket but didn't end up using it. My antenna was a magnetic mount and it popped right onto the metal pad under the fairing. My total cost for everything was $215. These modules are easy to install and don't require a radio flash. To make it even better they are eligible for a free 2 month trial which you can sign up for here:

https://care.siriusxm.com/preownedvehiclestrial_view.action

The ebay guy still has 4 of these modules for sale. Hopefully someone who's been thinking about this can take advantage of it like I did.

·
Registered
848 Posts
I bought one of the SXM modules from the eBay guy, as well as one of the antennas. I opened the packages last night, and did a test fit of the antenna to the module; the connector on the antenna does not fit; the tabs are not aligned properly on the connector. I'll take a picture tonight to illustrate...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
I bought one of the SXM modules from the eBay guy, as well as one of the antennas. I opened the packages last night, and did a test fit of the antenna to the module; the connector on the antenna does not fit; the tabs are not aligned properly on the connector. I'll take a picture tonight to illustrate...
Read Dead Bird Dog's post again, he tells you the adapter you need for the antenna.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Read Dead Bird Dog's post again, he tells you the adapter you need for the antenna.

That's the one that I bought, it has the wrong FAKRA connector, it needs the K connector.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Looks like the first one will work with most of the SXM antennas, it matches what's on the base for my Onyx in my truck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts